Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req33164
Build Engineer DevOps
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
At ASML we like to make the impossible possible. Our lithography technology – which uses light to print tiny patterns on silicon – is fundamental to mass producing semiconductor chips. With it, the world’s top chipmakers are creating better performing, cheaper chips. In fact, we’re probably a part of the electronic device you’re using right now!
The Software Innovation department designs state of the art software tools for the Software Developers within ASML. Extending and transforming the a world class environment by continuously innovating and introducing new tools to like GitHub Actions, Bazel Build System, Docker, Kubernetes and much more.
Designing and building complex software requires state of the art software tools. That’s what we do at IT Product &Technology Software Innovation: using the Scaled Agile Framework way of working to provide a world class development environment with efficient pipelines to our embedded software engineers. Making sure software can be stored, edited, validated, automatically tested, built and deployed across all our software stacks and machines. Extending and transforming the existing IDE into a world class environment by continuously innovating and introducing new tools to like GitHub Actions, Bazel build system, Docker, Kubernetes and much more. Our goal? That our magic empowers our embedded colleagues to do their magic.
Does this sound exciting to you? Do you find our challenges motivating and do you like to become part of the success story of ASML? Then this is an opportunity for you to apply!
Role and responsibilities
- Be an active member of the DevOps Build team that actively develops our integrated Software Build System environment;
- Analyze user stories, design the solution and implement them;
- Take responsibility for delivery high quality work;
- Continuously improve your knowledge, your skills and your team;
- Developing, implementing and improving the CI/CD platform;
- Contribute to process automation and develop automation tools (GitHub, Artifactory, Jenkins, etc.);
- Manage and monitor our build pipelines and systems;
- Participate in discussions regarding new technologies;
- Every once in a while share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents and support.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or master degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent;
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering and Computer Science principles;
- You are a clean coder;
- You are a team player with good communication skills;
- You are experienced in working in a true Agile environment;
- You have experience with or keen interest in build tools, software pipelines, DevOps and test driven development;
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated to become acquainted with new topics and technologies;
- Driven to improve yourself and keep on learning;
- Fluent in English, both in speaking and writing.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.