9 days ago - req33136
CS Competence Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Are you a team player that likes to take a leading role in solving challenging, technical issues, wanting to enhance customer satisfaction and influence new product development? This job enables you to enhance your career within ASML.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customers’ site and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local sited Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customers within the specific region.
This position will report directly to the Department manager for CS.
Role and responsibilities
You are one of the key interfaces between field and ASML Headquarters. You will use your communication skills to help our on-site engineers in providing ongoing customer support. You will support new product introductions, roll-out of improvement ideas, including educating on-site service/support engineers.
The CS EUV Competence Engineer is responsible to:
- Create and maintain procedures for diagnosing and solving machine issues, including recovery.
- Identify structural issues/improvements to the design and estimate their impact on CS
- Identify structural improvements to the Service Mix and implement them globally in CS
- Deliver knowledge of new introductions to the field service organization
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer.
- .Run performance improvement projects in a complex environment with significant business impact in cooperation with customers and translating the results into improvement specifications for ASML’s development department;
- Represent customer support during the design phase and make sure the service requirements are implemented in the design
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network;
- Travel internationally (up to 20%) to provide support to our (internal) customers.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in Physics, Material Science, Electrical Engineering, or other related engineering fields.
- At least 2 years relevant, work related experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in Semiconductor process or equipment.
- Metrology experience is a plus. Working knowledge with SEM or advanced optical measurement equipment is a strong plus.
- Experience conducting data analysis required, using MATLAB, Python . Generating reports and presenting to customers, marketing, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting complicated technical issues.
- Strong customer service / support experience with focus and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Must have strong communication skills, be able to reduce complicated technical stories in clear and simple terms, for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Detailed oriented individuals with strong critical thinking, problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Fast learner with strong self-motivation to grow technical competency
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Proactive attitude and taking initiative.
- Analytical skills.
- Helicopter view.
- Flexible but result-driven.
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.