You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Mechatronic Designer System Dynamics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development (MSD) within Bottom (BM) Cluster is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems, functions and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
Contribute to the design of the mechatronics architecture or function of a module, with a strong focus on dynamic architecture or a passive or active vibration control module. Your job embodies specification, design, technical budget analysis, critical component selection, integration, test planning and test execution, with the emphasis on dynamics, functional performance, signal analysis, functional integration and troubleshooting.
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at design of a mechatronics module or function, where you will take up the responsibility of the dynamics architecture/vibration control.
- Build up and maintain specialist knowledge in the fields of dynamics, servo control, signal analysis and testing and basic knowledge of the areas software, mechanics, optics, electronics, actuators, sensors and dynamics.
- Support of the mechatronics architecture design and trade-offs between mechanical, electronic, software competencies
- Modeling and optimizing of sequences, functional and dynamic behavior.
- Integration and test of the mechatronic modules: planning and execution.
- Interface towards other projects, sectors and mechatronics and optics suppliers.
- Documentation of specifications, design, and test results
Technical University Masters/PhD in Mechanical engineering, Control, Dynamics, Electrical engineering or Applied Physics.
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably within ASML or in related high tech industry. Master Graduates with experience with ASML-related projects are welcome to apply.
- A solid basis in mechanics with good feeling for mechatronics, electronics and software and measurement systems is required, with a focus on modelling (FEM, multiphysics, multibody) and measurement of dynamic system behavior (modal analysis, vibration analysis).
- Experience in multidisciplinary project work involving mechatronics, optics, electronics and software is a pre.
Skilled in Matlab and Matlab Simulink.
- Team player.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good communicational skills and excellent stakeholder management. You are able to convince other of your ideas.
- Think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisive and show critical sense.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader of a group within the Mechatronic Systems Development (MSD) department and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.