Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req33100
Scrum Master Enterprise Service Management
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Are you an experienced Scrum Master who is eager to learn and apply Agile principles to help ASML expand
its fast growing business? For our Enterprise Service Management (ESM) Agile Release Train, we are looking for an experienced Scrum Master. ESM is located within the IT department, more specifically in Core IT Generic & Platform Services. At ESM we improve ASML’s people productivity, through an enterprise wide, one-stop-shop that makes it easy for employees to get fast and high-quality services. We do this with 5 DevOps teams by delivering workflows making use of the ServiceNow platform.
Role and responsibilities
As Scrum Master you are a servant leader with strong coaching skills and broad Scaled Agile experience. You train your teams on Scrum practices, facilitate Scrum events and continuously stimulate your teams to improve to highly autonomous yet highly aligned teams. You are working in close consultation with the Release Train Engineer and other Scrum Masters in the Agile Release Train. You will be helping your teams to reach new heights with regards to predictability, quality and collaboration within the team, but also within the ART.
- Facilitates Scrum ceremonies, such as planning, retrospective, review, refinement, …
- Signals and removes impediments to ensure the Agile team gets the work done. Coaches the team with handling dependencies and risks
- Creates transparency and alignment on team speed, velocity, quality of deliverables and happiness. Uses metrics for this. Challenges the team to keep our tooling (ServiceNow, Jira) up-to-date.
- Creates focus in the team by shielding them from external interferences.
- Provides analyses of current team rituals, evaluates bottlenecks and advice regarding improvements in team rituals. Is proactive in suggesting possible improvements and giving feedback.
- Coaches on Agile practices and behavior for everybody in and around the scrum team
- Acts as a servant leader and escalation level for the team
- Chairs and drives the rituals (scrum, sprint and program increment), ensures its disciplined execution, helping the team to understand why this is important
- Drives team level continuous improvement, i.e. challenges the team in view of the agile key performance parameters towards greater efficiency
- Ensures alignment with other Scrum Masters on dependencies
- Ensures focus and keeps the teams from getting distracted
- Ensures collaboration between scrum teams and ART’s
- You are curious and question the status-quo.
Education and experience
- Master or Bachelor degree
- Agile + SAFe certified (scrum.org and/or SAFe®certifications)
- Experience in IT environments of corporate organizations
- You are in possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
We are looking for a Scrum Master with at least 2/3 years of experience. As ASML is an international organization, we are looking for someone with excellent English communication and presentation skills, both verbal and in written communication. We are looking for somebody who is highly motivated and energetic and can pass his or her enthusiasm towards the teams. You will be the Scrum Master to 3 teams, two teams that are already experienced and one new team. These are distributed teams, some of our developers are working from India. Experience with serving distributed teams is a pre. We are looking for someone who is strong in process optimalization, communication and coaching.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.