30+ days ago - req33267
Customer Support Competence Engineer for IT/Infrastructure (for VCP)
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Do you know what is needed to run ASML applications on the customer’s network? And how to interact both with the customer’s IT department and the ASML development team? If so then this role of IT/Infrastructure Competence Engineer at CS is just the opportunity for you.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process.
Within the CS New Product Introduction process the introduction of new technologies into the ASML worldwide service organization is managed. By realizing this we ensure that the worldwide service organization can execute service delivery to meet customer Service Level Agreements at the agreed cost targets as defined by the Business Lines.
Role and responsibilities
The IT/Infra Competence Engineer is part if the so called “install prep team” that consists out of a Project Leader from CS and an Competence Engineer for IT/Infrastructure (this vacancy) and is responsible to prepare our (future) customers for the installation and maintenance of the VCP product. VCP stands for Virtual Computational Platform and is a virtual platform that is installed on the customers IT infrastructure, which enables large ASML software applications. In the past ASML offered a hardware solution (LCP) as platform for these applications, but due to scalability and maintainability challenges of this platform, this is now being transitioned to the customer’s network.
Profile Competence Engineer IT/Infra for installation prep team
- Has a (high-over) understanding of the VCP concept > Cloudera knowledge/understanding is a pre
- Able to assess which boundary systems need to connect to the VCP in customer landscape
- Aligns with D&E and customer on requirements for the initial VCP installation
- Amount of resources required (CPU, RAM, disk, #VMs) to run a VCP (use case dependent)
- Required network configuration for high available and disaster recovery proof set-up
- Broad experience of IT stack areas, including
- Experience with HA / DR set-sups for applications
- Knowledge of various stack technologies (technologies used can differ across customers)
- Storage (e.g. NetApp, SolidFire)
- Compute (e.g. HP, Cisco)
- Network (traffic flows, zoning)
- Virtualization (e.g. ESXi, VMware, HyperV)
- Consulting skills; needs to be able to translate customer requirements to stack requirements and provide recommendations on implementation.
- Able to formulate lessons learned and improvements for future roll-outs.
Will coordinate about 2 installations per quarter, 6 months lead time per installation. Needs to be physically present at customer site for part of the installations, depending on customer and corresponding challenges.
Related activities that are covered by the Project Leader of CS (colleague in the install prep team)
- Lithography domain knowledge
- Site readiness for the local CS organization
- LCP-VCP migration scenario
- Incident resolution (handled by Managed Operations)
Education and experience
Master’s degree (or Bachelor + relevant experience) in a software background
2-5 years’ experience in a relevant industry
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Remain persistent: I have a clear picture of the outcome in my mind. When setbacks occur, I search for opportunities to learn and stay focused to overcome them. I stay on course and am persistent in achieving goals.
- Structure, prioritize, decisiveness: I plan and organize my own work and anticipate on next steps. When I delegate, I make sure to empower those I delegate to. I am transparent in my way of working and ensure that those reporting to me or others work transparently as well. I will support direct reports or colleagues, give them constructive feedback and review their work. I make sure that everybody is familiar with the strategic direction of our work. I ensure that on different levels goals and targets are aligned to go into the same direction.
- Adjust interaction style: I respect and show interest in different cultures from curiosity and mutual understanding. I do not judge others on their way of working, but adjust my style of interaction in order to work effectively with intercultural teams or people from other cultures. When working abroad I show willingness to use habits of other cultures.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
The IT/Infrastructure Competence Engineer in CS reports to the Manager CS APPS MPC Equipment Service Engineering (in Veldhoven) and works for the Project Manager for VCP introduction, together with CS Project Leader.
Willingness to travel internationally up to 20%
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.