Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
11 days ago - req33254
HPC/HPDA – Simulation data analytics specialist
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by driving Engineering Improvements and are you able to translate this into an operational environment for simulation data analytics? Then the ASML high performance data analytics (HPDA) team is the perfect environment for you to build and optimize solutions in close collaboration with our users.
Role and responsibilities
Co-Develop, implement, deploy and optimize data science applications in the simulation area at ASML in close co-operation with the internal customer and the HPDA DevOps team. This job is focused on providing high performing environments and solutions for simulations and data science applications and ecosystems within HPDA stacks (worldwide).
As Simulation data analytics specialist you will develop and maintain the data analytics environment for simulation engineers at ASML. Your focus will be on the performance optimization of the applications, system and workflows, but you will also support the simulation experts from ASML while developing their own applications and services in a scalable, maintainable, extensible and testable form. You will work closely together with the HPDA benchmark specialists to identify performance bottlenecks and have a shared responsibility to maintain the system performance and drive the architecture evolution. You will be part of the DevOps team for HPC and HPDA, and in that role you’ll be joined by all members of the team to define and work on the relevant stories in our sprints.
Besides this your responsibilities include:
- Define improvement proposals that focus on usability and stability of the setup
- Strong partner in discussions with the system architect and other stakeholders within the internal customer departments
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of improvements
- Keep abreast of relevant literature, means and methods
Education and experience
- At least master level or equivalent in computer science and/or Engineering.
Particularly relevant areas of expertise might include
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience optimizing data science applications for large scale computational infrastructures
- Strong track record in several data science frameworks (Tensorflow, Spark...)
- Excellent python developer
- Experience with K8S from a developer point of view
- Experience with migration of workloads from prem to cloud and/or vice versa
- Experience with matlab and MPI is desirable
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player.
- Shows initiative and problem-solving attitude.
- Vision and opinion.
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Simulation data analytics specialist will be part of the HPDA DevOps team (12 team members) which is part of the IT Solution Delivery for D&E Hardware Engineering department.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.