You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req33316
Computer Science | Software Engineering Internship: Software design of ASML application
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
No experience (Student)
Computer science & software engineering
Are you a bachelor student with an educational background in Computer Science / Engineering or Software Engineering? Do you have experience in software and application development? Then this internship could be interesting for you!
In ASML Business-Line, Mature Product Services (MPS) takes care of the PAS 5500 machines, the ≤200mm Lithography platform. ASML is extending the lifetime of the PAS 5500 systems to year 2030 and beyond. For this purpose a number of PAS 5500 parts need to be redesigned.
One of this is the Remote Management and Control System (RMCS), which is a system that customers use to remotely control up to 12 PAS 5500 machines. In MPS we’re looking for an intern that can develop a software application for the PAS 5500 systems.
During this internship you will be expected to:
- Design the Remote Management and Control System as an application on a Linux system. This app should show the status of the PAS 5500 systems. Therefore, support the transfer of the user-interface of the PAS 5500 machines to the RMCS via Virtual Network Computing;
- Design and test the software app;
- Work with ASML Development & Engineering, Customer Support and Marketing department to release this app for our customers.
- You are a bachelor student with an educational background in Computer Science / Engineering or Software Engineering;
- You are a student who wants to gain work experience or you are looking to do your bachelor graduation assignment;
- You have experience in software and application development;
- You enjoy working in a team and have result oriented mentality;
- You have experience with Linus and Unix Operation system;
- You have some knowledge of C programming;
- You are available to do an internship for 4-5 days a week with a duration of a minimum 3-4 months.
The start date of this internship is September 2022.
Please note that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a school for the entire duration of the internship.
Change the world – one nanometer at a time
Become an intern at a Dutch company that’s a global industry leader. You’ll gain valuable experience in a highly innovative environment – one that sparks your imagination and creativity. In addition to a monthly internship allowance of maximum €600 (plus a possible housing and/or travel allowance), you’ll get practical guidance from experts in the field and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic team environment.
ASML: be part of progress
ASML is a high-tech company headquartered in the Netherlands. We manufacture the complex lithography machines that chipmakers use to produce integrated circuits, or computer chips. What we do is at the heart of all the electronic devices that keep us informed, entertained and connected. Every day, you use electronics that simply wouldn’t exist without our machines.
Behind ASML’s innovations are engineers who think ahead. The people who work at our company include some of the most creative minds in physics, electrical engineering, mathematics, chemistry, mechatronics, optics, mechanical engineering, and computer science and software engineering.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come from anyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard.
Students: getting ready for real-world R&D
We’re a global team of about 29,000 people of 120 different nationalities and counting. Headquartered in Europe’s top tech hub, the Brainport Eindhoven region in the Netherlands, our operations are spread across Europe, Asia and the US.
In such an environment, your colleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometers away in a different country – or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is the opportunity to get to know not only the world of industrial-strength R&D, but yourself – you’ll discover just what excites you most. Will you design a part of the machine, or make sure it gets built to the tightest possible specifications? Will you write software that drives the system to its best performance, or work side-by-side with the engineers of our customers in a fab, optimizing a system to the requirements of the customer?
How will you be part of progress?