Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req33378
Junior DevOps Engineer, Intern Summer 2022
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The DevOps Engineer will play a key role in supporting our existing infrastructure, and help us bring that infrastructure into the cloud. We automate, build tools and pipelines, and create infrastructures in order to support application development. The mission is to get the Wilton software development infrastructure up to DevOps maturity level 5.
Role and responsibilities
Primary duties: implementing architectural improvements in SCM, build and Test Infrastructures.
The role will work in a Development Operations Team (DevOps), architecting, supervising and continuously improving state-of-the-art build, continuous integration, development and test infrastructures. A successful candidate will be expected to work in a team tasked with providing infrastructures capable of delivering products of the highest quality from our software developers and test engineers. The candidate would be expected to assist in architecting and implementing automation using the following tools and methodologies:
- Experience in the DevOps ways of working–preferably centered on Atlassian Tooling-to provide infrastructures with a high level of integration between ticketing systems (Atlassian JIRA), continuous integration systems (GitHub Actions or Atlassian Bamboo), documentation and knowledge sharing systems (Atlassian Confluence) and version control systems (Atlassian Bitbucket or GitHub).
- Participate in a team working on the provision of automated tooling to facilitate the highest quality code production. To include continuous integration plans that continually measure and report code quality in terms of style, correctness and conformance to ASML’s standards guidelines.
- Asist in the implementation of build breakage avoidance tooling to include mandated code review and pre-commit test branch continuous integration using TRYBUILD and Unit testing frameworks.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of robust and maintainable build and deployment plans for a range of ASML scanner products.
- Be a champion and mentor for an “Agile” way of working. Display a willingness/ability to participate in a SCRUM team to continuously deliver improvements in all areas of Development Operations.
- Assist in maintaining and improving Test automation frameworks and dashboard.
Education and experience
Bachelor's Degree with a preference for degrees in Computer Science/Engineering or Physics, or equivalent experience.
Preferred candidates will have experience with three or more of the following:
- Solid communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Solid scripting skills–Bash/GoLang and Python.
- Experience in web programming using Django is a plus.
- Strong understanding of SCM branching strategies and the use of git/bitbucket/GitHub.
- Strong UNIX skills–preferable Linux.
- Experience with Release Engineering processes and software development cycles.
- Experience with build automation technologies (3yrs)–creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using either GitHub
- Actions, Atlassian Bamboo or Jenkins.
- Experience with Test automation frameworks–Qtest, Zepher, Polarion QA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work closely with other engineers, product managers and customer support.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.