15 days ago - req33344
Lead Engineer Mechanical Constructions Yieldstar
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you eager to develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the-art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? Do you want to work within a dedicated team to achieve breakthroughs? Do you want to be part of a highly-qualified internationally oriented family? Are you in to developing your personal skills by being pro-active and inquisitive? Do you have a minimum of 7 years of experience and minimum a bachelor education? Then the job of Lead Engineer at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Chip-making equipment. ASML is a multinational company with offices in 60 cities in 16 countries, Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. We employ more than 28.000 people. Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of ASML products.
For this sector (D&E) we are looking for a Lead Engineer in the group Mechanical Development Yieldstar in the department MDEV DUV&Applications.
Contribute to the development of products by designing, manufacturing and testing sub-systems within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations.
Position in the organization
The Lead Engineer reports to the team leader Mechanical Constructions and Functional Architect. The Lead Engineer is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Role and responsibilities
Working on the design of one or more products, creating designs with a small team of mechanical experts in project setting. Continuously improving quality of mechanical design is a main requirement.
The Lead Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of specific mechanical functions, he/she is working together with the architect, team lead and (jr) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service products.
- Specifies and designs modules and related parts supporting different (sub)systems.
- Is a technical leader to define the solution and guide several engineers as well as managing supplier feedback.
- Is responsible to apply the correct mechanical construction principles.
- Realizes the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
- Designs and realizes tests and appliances and is responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Is responsible for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service.
Education and experience
- BSc or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 7-10 years of relevant working experience.
- TC/NX experience is preferred.
- Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Expert knowledge of mechanical engineering is a must.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of parts/(sub)modules.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive his/her own development.
- Fluent in English
- Shows ownership by not only implementing a module, but a function.
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech Yieldstar optical metrology tools
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost targets
- In touch with every engineering process step and architecture
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams.
- International opportunities.
- Individual performance & talent management.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.