14 days ago - req33374
Physics Design Engineer - Metrology Application
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Do you want to work on leading edge technology in a team of creative technological minds? And do you have the skills and perseverance to tackle complex technical problems that can drive the semiconductor industry forward? ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We design, develop, integrate and market these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips.
If you have a problem solving mentality, strong technical background and are able to sell to your vision to your stakeholders, please contact us today. We have an exciting opportunity in our Development and Engineering (D&E) department.
ASML in Veldhoven is seeking a Metrology Application Engineer in the Development & Engineering (D&E) department. The mission of this job is to optimize wafer metrology and equipment recipes that are needed for the demonstration of the advanced performance of ASML’s latest machines. You will work on projects that are critical to our customers and interface with other development teams, project management, manufacturing and marketing. Team work and collaboration are vital to achieve your goals.
Role and responsibilities
Your responsibilities will be, among others:
- Prepare and execute test plans on ASML and associated metrology equipment (CD SEM/ HMI eP5 e-beam metrology YieldStar metrology) , focusing on enabling scanner and application product development.
- Providing out of the box metrology solutions for the challenging needs of ASML and its end users.
- Defining and driving wafer metrology performance requirements and capabilities for ASML’s product roadmap.
- Meet shared goals together with the project team, pointing out problems and bottlenecks, working out improvements and initiating their implementation
- Own expertise in how design choices in the ASML scanner and choices in customer application (such as wafer metrology solutions) influence ASML scanner performance
- Inform your stakeholders and give presentations to other development teams to transfer knowledge
Education and experience
- BSc. or MSc. degree in Physics, other technical area (must have strong physics preference).
- Experience with metrology and or measurement tools is an advantage (SEM/e-beam)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Problem-solving mentality, capable of taking initiative and making pragmatic choices
- Knows how to convey complex topics in an understandable fashion
- Fluent English communicator, both verbally and written
- Leadership skills
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.