Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req33476
Power Electronics Designer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Is your interest triggered by the engineering of power electronic circuits for high-tech products? Does working on a three phase amplifier that switches 1000V and 100A at 80 kHz sound challenging but feasible to you? And do you like to work in a team with analog and digital circuit designers, firmware designers and mechanical designers? You’d better contact us today!
As a Power Electronics Designer, you are defining, realizing, qualifying and maintaining various electronic circuit designs for both existing and new ASML products. Furthermore you contribute to defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the architect.
Role and responsibilities
The Power Electronics Designer is responsible for the following:
- Evaluating technical requirements to determine the best solutions on board level.
- Documenting and working out the design solutions for the PCBA design.
- Designing and tuning the control to drive the Power Electronics Circuit.
- Documenting the test approach, performing tests and documenting the test results.
- DfX for hand over to manufacturer and field service organization.
- Evaluating the existing designs and determine the improvement points.
- Operating in team, interact with other team members and, participate in design reviews
Education and experience
- Bachelor (Dutch:HBO) or Master degree in Electrical Engineering. Power Electronics and Control Theory related courses are a must.
- 3-7 years of practical work experience in designing, industrializing and qualification of Power Electronic Systems.
- Knowledge on control design.
- Knowledge on digital electronics design and firmware is a plus.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications;Broad technical knowledge of power electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics and software.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Initiative, pro-active;
- High motivated team player with good social- and communication skills;
- Structured with eye for details;
- Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving;
- Persuasive and decisive;
- Pragmatic attitude;
- Quality focus;
- Fluent English in word and in writing.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
The Power Electronics Designer reports to the Group Manager “Power and High Voltage Electronics” or delegated Team Leader.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.