Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req33554
Software Rollout Project Lead
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you want to play a crucial role in getting improvements in place for our installed base? Do you want to be at the heart of the operation in between development, logistics and the field? Are you able to work in a complex working environment with many stakeholders? If so, you might very well be the right person we are looking for!
Role and responsibilities
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. Since ASML is very time to market oriented there is a need for system maturation when these systems are already put in production at the customer. System maturation is achieved through design changes that are executed at the Development department.
Within CS the coordination of implementing these design changes on products in the field is done by the Solution Rollout Coordination (SRC) team by working in close interaction with Development & Engineering (D&E), Logistics, and the local field organization. The underlying process is essential for maturing our products at the customer.
The changes can be divided into hardware and software changes which are sometimes interrelated. The worldwide Software Rollout Coordinator deals with the coordination of these changes for our DUV machines.
The intent of the job is to coordinate the beta testing and roll-out of the solutions to the field. The Software Rollout Coordinator has to assure that the field organization gets all information for implementing the software solutions together with the business case information that is needed for selling the story to the customer.
The Software Rollout Project Lead has the following main responsibilities:
- Represent CS in the Software mini PT
- Organize the Service Pack Beta test
- Drive Software rollout
- Service Packs
- Fix patches
- Facilitate new Release introduction
- Secure service design
- Organize Beta test
- Drive Rollout
- Monitor and report on the worldwide implementation of Software and escalate where needed
- Co-work with the field
- Alignment and planning with the local sides
- Guard and optimize the rollout processes
The Software Rollout Project Lead needs to be aware of the impact of choices made with respect to the rollout process. Decisions made can for example have impact on availability and manpower in the field. The software rollout process is closely connected to the software development process and the software rollout project lead closely works together with the D&E Release PL to keep optimizing the processes.
Education and experience
- The required education is a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering and Management Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics or comparable.
- Experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex processes;
- 5 years’ relevant work experience in one or more relevant work domains like Development & Engineering or Service;
- Experience with Configuration Management and its underlying details;
- Knowledge of ASML machines and the ASML CS Field organization is beneficial.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Natural leader, outgoing and approachable;
- Strong influencing skills (able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization (influencing without power);
- Strong consultative communication skills, being able to explain / present matters to people with different skills and background;
- Ability to create overview and guide quality decision making
- Ability to work in cross-sector teams;
- Cultural awareness;
- Strong technical background.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
The Software Rollout Project Lead reports to the Manager CS ENG FSC Solution Rollout Coordination (in Veldhoven) and will operate in a small team part of the CS HVM Engineering department.
Flexibility to travel to other sites and countries (2-3 times a year for a period of 1-2 weeks) if needed.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.