Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req33608
DevOps & Support Engineer
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
At ASML we like to make the impossible possible. Our lithography technology – which uses light to print tiny patterns on silicon – is fundamental to mass producing semiconductor chips. With it, the world’s top chipmakers are creating better performing, cheaper chips. In fact, we’re probably a part of the electronic device you’re using right now!
We design and engineer machines that are on the cutting edge of technology. These machines do things like beaming a tiny droplet of tin with a big laser so it turns into plasma and as a consequence emit just the frequency of light that we need. That is requiring complex hardware and of course complex software and software development environments. We are searching for the brightest minds on the planet to help us achieve our mission.
Designing and building complex software requires state of the art software tools. That’s what we do at IT Product &Technology Software Innovation: using the Scaled Agile Framework way of working to provide a world class development environment with efficient pipelines to our embedded software engineers. Making sure software can be stored, edited, validated, automatically tested, built and deployed across all our software stacks and machines. Extending and transforming the existing IDE into a world class environment by continuously innovating and introducing new tools to like GitHub Actions, Bazel build system, Docker, Kubernetes and much more. Our goal? That our magic empowers our embedded colleagues to do their magic.
Does this sound exciting to you? Do you find our challenges motivating and do you like to become part of the success story of ASML? Then this is an opportunity for you to apply!
What we offer
We offer you an ambitious and highly innovative environment at the world’s leading high tech company, where you are in the driver seat of your career! With multiple possible career paths and enormous possibilities for personal development like e.g. a large training catalogue to choose from, free access to Pluralsight and free books. You get all the support you need to develop and grow.
Role and responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement software that improves the stability, scalability, availability and performance of our development environments;
- Support our customers from 2nd line on a daily basis to ensure higher satisfaction;
- Affinity and experience with solving problems and incidents that impact our customer experience and build solutions and automation to prevent them from happening again (root cause);
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive tasks;
- Manage issues proactively, monitor user experience and identify opportunities to automate remediation of issues;
- Support in creating structural solutions instead of workarounds;
- Create integrations between multiple applications and cloud based services,
- Take ownership of one or more services and have the freedom to do what is best for our business and customers;
- Build effective monitoring to monitor systems health and behavior, and jump in to handle outages;
- Create system health/performance dashboards to provide both high level and detailed views into monitored services;
- Collaborate in the design and development of business-critical systems to meet user needs and respond to/anticipate on technological advancements;
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents.
Education and experience
To be completed
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
-Bachelor or master degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent;
-Strong proficiency in languages like Python, Ruby, Go etc.;
-Exposure to the following is a plus:
-Logging infrastructure and tools such as Splunk and Zabbix;
-Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Puppet & Terraform);
-Cloud experience (Azure/AWS/Google);
-Networking, Security and Storage;
-Working in a true Agile DevOps environment.
-Experience with maintaining scalable systems using Kubernetes;
-Proven experience with building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines;
-Linux administration and troubleshooting skills;
-Creative and not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone;
-Highly motivated to become acquainted with new topics and technologies;
-Driven to improve yourself and keep on learning;
-Fluent in English, both in speaking and writing.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
To be completed
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.