Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
29 days ago - req33644
Electron Optics Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
The mission of the Senior Electron Optics Design Engineer is to design EO system/submodules for the state of the art e-Beam inspection tool. As an Electron Optics Design Engineer, you will design, develop, test, analyze, and implement sub-functions and modules to meet requirements of specified applications.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As an Electron Optics Design Engineer for electron beam system, you will perform a variety of engineering tasks including designing, developing, testing, analyzing, troubleshooting and function implementing electron optics modules as you create and evaluate designs to meet requirements of specified applications.
- Design electron optics modules and sub-system of e-beam inspection tool according to system spec., from concept design to final release for high volume manufacturing;
- Make design documents from system level to module level, demonstrating design spec. and design principles, details, interfaces according to ASML design process;
- Perform necessary simulations &calculations needed for electron optics module design, including thermal, vacuum, high voltage, dynamics, mechanical FEM analysis etc.
- Lead design reviews, error budget development, risk assessment and mitigation, design and execution of experiments, verification processes, validation processes. Provide effective presentation and written evaluations to communicate concepts, designs, test results, etc.
- Work with vendors and consultants to develop, analyze and fabricate components and sub-assemblies. Trouble shooting and solve problems during parts/module fabrication process;
- Deeply involve in integration and testing for electron optic system/subsystem, conducting trouble shooting and verifying the design to ensure high quality implementation of designed modules;
- Transfer design to manufacturing by providing necessary technical processing documents. Technical support to manufacturing team to finish the technical transition from design to mass production;
- New technology study and development, providing possibilities of new concept design for electron optic modules for future innovation.
Education and experience
- BS degree with 8+ yrs of relevant, work related experience; MS degree preferred with 2+ yrs of relevant, work related experience; PhD degree with 0 or more years of work relevant, work related experience.Preferred fields of study include physics, optics, material science, and mechanical engineering.
- 2+ years of applicable relevant experience on a semiconductor equipment mechanical product is desired.
- Must have good understanding of physics and mechanics.
- Good capability to evaluate and workoutside contractors, consultants, and machine shops.
- Experience in designing, fabrication, and testing of mechanical, electro-mechanical modules, and related system interfaces for capital equipment tools is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in product lifecycle management tools, Siemens TCE desired.
- Strong Hands-on skill and trouble-shooting ability;
- Must be proficient with 3D modeling & 2D detailed drawings using Solidworks and NX.
- Experience in designing parts and assemblies for ultra-high vacuum is preferred;
- Experience in designing parts and assemblies for high voltage environment is preferred;
- Knowledge with materials and material selection, manufacturing and cleaning processes used for making components for electron beam inspection systems.
- Ability to perform structural and thermal FEA using NX or Comsol.
SkillsTeam work spirit with team members.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
May require international travel dependent on business needs – up to 10% of travel.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
Can work under deadlines.
The environment generally is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.