30+ days ago - req33628
Experienced Computer Systems Platform Designer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by the hardware for new and existing computer systems that are embedded in the ASML products? Do you have a
Bachelor- or Masters Degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and affinity with the design of embedded
computer hardware? We might be looking for you!
Role and responsibilities
The Computing Platform Designer is responsible for the following:
- Participate as an Electronic Development (EDEV) representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Define, document and maintain requirements of various computer systems electronics products.
- Participate in the design and realization of computer systems electronics products.
- Contribute to Computer Systems roadmap by managing the used building-blocks based on knowledge of existing Commercially
Of The Shelf (COTS) solutions and industry standards.
- Define, document and execute tests to ensure that computer systems electronics products satisfy the requirements.
- Solve problems and/or manage problem resolution during 1st product integration.
- Manage outsourcing of computer systems electronics related modules.
- Transfer knowledge to production and service engineers.
- Support production and service as an expert (4th line support)
- Interface with software designers, but you will NOT write software yourself.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, “Technische Computer Kunde”, or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience and affinity with designing embedded computer systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with: definition and realization of multi-processor computer systems and networks in a real time/embedded environment.
- Broad technical knowledge of: computer hardware, operating systems, networks and storage.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- High motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills.
- Ability to give technical direction in a team of designers.
- Accuracy, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
- Pragmatic attitude.
- Takes ownership in case of issues.
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch is convenient but not mandatory)
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of all electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within EDEV the group Computer Systems Electronics (CSE) is responsible for the computer system architecture (distribution, servers, storage, control boards, thin client, smart screens, network architecture and components).
The Designer will report to the group leader Computer Systems Electronics (CSE).
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.