30+ days ago - req33688
IT process improvement Specialist
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits and chips. ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations in the United States, China, Taiwan, Korea and in Veldhoven, the Netherlands employing over 19.000 people.
The IT organization of ASML supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. Part of the IT organization is the IT Core Services department providing all, mission-critical, IT support services. This includes generic IT infrastructure services like laptops, telecom services, network, servers, storage and datacenters used within ASML globally. We are currently transforming the innovation of our IT infrastructure organization to an Agile way of working and are looking for a Process Improvement Specialist to help identify and drive improvements in our organization.
Role and responsibilities
As a Process Improvement Specialist your job mission is to challenge the status quo (current processes and culture) and act as a role model for Lean thinking, and thereby act as a change agent to help the infrastructure department (innovation and operations) transition towards a lean organization, delighting our Customers with an efficient delivery of our products.
As a Process Improvement Specialist you carry the responsibility for:
- Continuous improvements: identifies potentials for new improvements, analyses these and creates actionable improvement proposals;
- Mindset changes: transform mindsets to maintain continuous improvement efforts beyond project activities and change their way of working to a Lean way of working.
- Problem solving leadership: contributes to the improvement of the whole operations value stream by participating in or facilitating problem solving sessions;
- Knowledge transfer: trains and coaches ASML employees & management on Lean principles and behaviors;
- Drive the change: implement sustainable improvements in processes and culture with the end goal to delight our internal customers with efficient delivery of our IT infra products
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the area of computer science, technical business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years professional experience with a focus on process/service improvement
- Proven experience in driving sustained improvements in IT service delivery
- Working experience with and certified as Green/Black Belt Lean Six Sigma
- Working experience with and certified in ITIL
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure components is an advantage
- Experienced in working in an IT (infrastructure) environment
- Additional relevant experience with continuous improvement methods
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- A passion for Continuous Improvement and exhibits a ‘there must be a better way, why don’t we try …’ mentality, can think outside the box;
- Excellent team player and trusted sparring partner for management;
- Has the potential to use a range of different influencing techniques (influencing without power);
- Actively gives and seeks constructive feedback;
- Crisp communicator at all levels (operational – executive);
- Good listener and coach
- Fluent in English;
- The ability to enthuse and inspire colleagues in Lean Thinking as a business necessity;
- A belief in 'walking the talk' and working as a member of a team;
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
As a Process Improvement Specialist you are a member of the IT Core Infra Services team of ASML.
IT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities. IT is striving for operational excellence by implementing extensive improvement programs to boost quality and reliability, to reduce costs and to minimize risks into our day-to-day operations. This means a high demanding environment with unique possibilities to learn, grow and to develop skills and careers in multiple domains.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.