Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req33646
Project Lead - Alignment Metrology
Chemistry & materials science
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Chemistry & materials science, Computer science & software engineering, Mathematics
Introduction to the job
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Application Engineering is ASMLs department that support customers worldwide to enhance their cutting edge lithography technology in their state of the art semiconductor fab. If you want to work on the forefront of semiconductor manufacturing and deliver “fit for purpose” solutions the Application Engineering department is the department which can offer you this opportunity.
In this role:
- You support ASML customers with their current and future challenges in process development to efficiently produce devices with ever shrinking features.
- You identify strategies to stretch the lithography equipment and associated processes beyond its specification to deliver the customer the required on product performance.
- You cooperate with and drive the applicable ASML organization in order to come up with a solution that meets customer’s need.
- You are responsible for the organization of the project management activities and communication with Customer engineers as well as ASML engineers in the local offices.
Role and responsibilities
- This position is to lead the lithography scanner alignment metrology workgroup at a major customer site to drive learnings and deliver solutions to next generation lithographic problems
- The person filling this position will be a key leader in collaborating with ASML and customer development to provide next generation solutions from evaluation through implementation
- Interact with and develop a solid working relationship with the customer to help understand and develop valued solutions to their fabrication issues;
- Be the key technical leader at the local site, lead pathfinding activities, assist in critical escalations, and upskill local team members
- Own a broad technical knowledge of lithography and metrology
- Contribute in project and program management, drive the technical team towards product value demonstration and integration of solutions.
Education and experience
- Phd, Master's or Bachelors degree in Physics, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry or Engineering preferred with a background of (semiconductor) physics, statistics or mathematics
- Five plus years’ experience in a semiconductor environment (within the area of lithography, patterning and/or metrology)
- Experience in state of the art lithography scanners and scanner alignment systems
- Excellent process knowledge (able to provide insight in process information, front till back end processes)
- Be able to perform in high pressure and high ambiguity (semiconductor) environment
- Ability to lead and steer small technical teams
- Technical background of ASML tools and products
- Knowledge of semi-conductor devices process and challenges
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong client focus and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Solution minded and able to see and develop the bigger picture
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions
- Excellent multi-cultural communication skills in the English language (spoken and written)
- Project management skills or willingness to learn
- Ability to create clear presentations with point analysis
- Act decisively, be pro-active and taking responsibility
- Drive own technical development and learning
- Acts as team-player in engineering teams, and able to motivate team members.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.