Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
28 days ago - req33650
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
To develop a world class Financial Service function within the Global Enabling Services group supported by highly automated accounting and close processes, covering the end-to-end accounting cycle. As a Senior Accountant, you will be part of the US General Accounting team within the US Financial Service function, and will assist in managing the general accounting and period-end close procedures for all US entities.
Role and responsibilities
- Support the general accounting processes for US entities in accordance to GAAP. Ensure month-end close procedures are completed within timeframe set by corporate office in Netherlands.
- Prepare and post journal entries with appropriate backups, in accordance to company policies.
- Analyze and explain monthly general ledger fluctuations and variances.
- Maintain balance sheet reconciliations. Analyze general ledger accounts and processes with an end-to-end view.
- Assist in treasury back office functions, such as timely processing of check deposits, managing treasury related correspondences, and oversight in treasury accounting flows.
- Support international assignment, domestic relocations, and taxable travel accounting processes.
- Support in lease accounting processes.
- Support rollout of fixed asset dispositional control.
- Evaluate and support internal control framework.
- Research, analyze, and effectively communicate accounting issues and escalate appropriately.
- Drive process improvements and assist US Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) / US General Accounting Manager with special projects and analysis.
- Comply and assist with internal and external audits by providing appropriate documentation and information, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance and a minimum 2 – 4 years of relevant experience.
- CPA and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance preferred.
- Experience in public accounting and/or large multi-national corporations preferred.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Understanding of GAAP standards.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and carry critical tasks and improvements to completion.
- Ability to evaluate and streamline process improvements.
- Work in a team environment and demonstrate ability to collaborate cross functionally.
- Communicate professionally with colleagues around the US as well as internationally
- Propensity to be a self-starter and results driven.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Excel.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in either Chandler, AZ or San Diego, CA.It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.