Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
13 days ago - req33732
Senior Enterprise Security Architect
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
The mission of the Security department is to enable ASML to control the protection of information and assets of our company, our customers and suppliers by applying risk-based efficient measures for people, process and technology,
supporting the business goals. We strive to be a critical support function to our stakeholders, providing risk-based programs, services and systems to protect our employees, knowledge, assets and reputation. Recognizing the concerns of our customers and partners the critical role of security plays across today's interconnected digital ecosystems, the ASML Security team is committed to the deployment of comprehensive security plans that ensure the safety of our knowledge, products, business and personal data. ASML is able to achieve its business goals by having security embedded within the DNA of our people, its processes and technologies.
Role and responsibilities
As Senior Enterprise Security Architect you will play an integral role in defining and assessing the organization's security strategy, architecture and practices. For this role we are looking for someone that is ready to take their career to next level where they will support the Lead Enterprise Security Architect in translating business objectives and risk management strategies into specific security processes enabled by security technologies and services.
More specifically you support the Lead Enterprise Security Architect in the following activities and functions:
- Common Language; ensuring security terms & definitions are consistent and known throughout the organisation. This through architecture artefacts such as an information security asset taxonomy, enterprise data model alignment, and risk & control mapping.
- Strategic vision; translating enterprise goals and risks into architecture strategic topics. This by creating reference architecture overviews, and roadmaps towards the desired state.
- Innovation; identifying which innovations in the security industry are of value to the organization. Managing the innovation process and engaging with relevant external parties.
- Design guidance; Liaise with other security architects and security practitioners to share best practices and insights. Collecting information from different initiatives to create oversight and highlight dependencies.
This support to the Lead Enterprise Security architect can be in the form of co-creating deliverables, taking ownership of specific topics, and providing the Lead Enterprise Security Architect with a sparring partner that is able to challenge and validate ideas in a wide variety of content areas.
Education and experience
- Master's degree in information systems, information management, cybersecurity, computer science, or a related field.
- Required certifications: TOGAF, SCF or equivalent.
- Additional certifications are a plus: CISM, CISSP, SANS GAIC, CISA.
For this role we are looking for someone with significant security architecture experience, preferably on an enterprise level. Alternatively a seasoned enterprise architect that has strong affinity with information security. The ideal
candidate needs to be looking for an opportunity to bring their security architecture experience to a dynamic enterprise environment in order to help enable business while also improving security posture of the organization. This means someone who is able to elevate day-to-day information to a strategic architecture level, and subsequently translate it back to practical and pragmatic guidance to the organization. Identify common denominators, bring structure and present it in a way that is clear to everyone. Being able to translate abstract concepts into easy-to understand storylines, supported by clear architecture principles and visualizations is very important in this role.
Some of the knowledge and experience that can help you in this role are:
- Strong conceptual knowledge across the traditional information security domains,
- Full-stack knowledge of IT Security infrastructure on all technology layers
- Knowledge of IT service management (e.g., ITIL-related disciplines)
- Knowledge of Business Process Management (frameworks)
- Experience designing the deployment of applications and infrastructure into public cloud services.
- Strong conceptual knowledge of security in OT/ICS/IoT environments
- Experience in both the people & processes side of security as well as technology security capabilities
- Ability to translate Risks & Controls into security capabilities
- You are familiar/have experience with the following regulations, standards and frameworks:
- ISO 27001/2
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. Important for this role is to have good communication skills as you will be in contact with different teams and stakeholders. You need to be comfortable presenting your findings and advising on best course of action.
The main behaviors and competencies:
- Business Acumen
- Conceptual Thinking
- Openness to Learning
- Great communication skills
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills,
- Strategic planning
- Content Leadership
- Project management
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The position is based in the Netherlands (Veldhoven). The employee will report to the Lead Enterprise Security Architect in the Security Strategy, Risk and Architecture team
Are you interested in this position? Please apply with your CV and cover letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.