30+ days ago - req33808
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is currently searching for a Benefits Manager based in the San Diego office. You will be responsible for the management and administration of all benefits, including medical, dental, vision, FSA, HSA, but will have a strong focus on leaves, life insurance, short- and long-term disability.The role is an important member of the broader Compensation & Benefits team.
Role and responsibilities
Each day will offer new challenges as you handle a wide variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Manages Benefits programs to ensure attraction and retention of critical talent and ASML’s ability to meet business needs.
- Oversee the end to end process of Leave of Absence (LOA) for ASML.
- Support HR Leaders, People Managers and People Services on LOA by utilizing their experience and understanding of FMLA, CFRA, PDL, FEHA, EEOC, ADAAA, and JAN to facilitate LOA, Return to Work (RTW), job modifications, reasonable accommodations and the interactive process, in close collaboration with Legal and Employment Relations.
- Works closely with our third party leave administrator processing and tracking all LOA ensuring that employees receive timely notification/response in accordance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations as well as company policy.
- Ensures timely response to state agencies or third-party vendors regarding SDI, PFL or LTD claims coordination.
- Tracks and advises employees and management on leave policies and procedures.
- Lead the annual enrollment processes for all groups: active employees, LOAs, COBRA, Retirees. Including employee communications, HR System setup, audit enrollments, files to carriers, etc.
- Oversees benefit budget, maintain billing, manage all Benefits PO’s, reconcile vendor invoices by validating enrollment between carriers & HR System. Troubleshoot/correct discrepancies.
- Works with internal communications to prepare benefit communication programs and develops training for client groups and HR.
- Assist with completion of annual legal filings (5500, 1094c and 1095c) and communications to employees.
- Makes recommendations and executes annual review of benefits vendors.
- Regular interaction with:
- Human Resource team members, Payroll/Finance, Legal and Employment Relations.
- Employees across the United States (> 30 different states).
- Third party Benefit partners, Leave administrator and our Benefit Broker.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communication, Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience managing LOA, Life, STD, LTD programs with at least 4 of those years’leading people.
- Professional with adequate knowledge and experience with health and welfare benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, AD&D, and COBRA.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Demonstrated people and team leadership skills with the ability to lead, motivate, and influence others to achieve results.
- Ability to collect and analyze data, evaluate information and systems, and draw logical conclusions for recommendations.
- Functional expert, who acts as coach within Benefits and more broadly with HR, People Leaders and Employees.
- Able to build strong networks and effectively engage and manage stakeholders including the ability to drive, steer, convince and influence others.
- Ability to determine strategies to move the organization forward, prioritize, set goals, and evaluate the process and results and looks for opportunities for improvement.
- Thinks by interpreting procedures to resolve problems within established frameworks and selecting the appropriate route using own judgement.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally at all levels of the organization.
- Results driven- demonstrates ownership and accountability and delivers on commitments with a sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.