29 days ago - req33886
Cymer Customer Support Engineer - Icheon
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Provides onsite field service support through the performance of installations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital equipment and systems.Troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources.Acts as a customer service advocate, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
Role and responsibilities
- Under direct supervision, assists in the analyzing, diagnosing, and troubleshooting of Cymer equipment problems via telephone or at customer site.
- Follows supervisor’s directions regarding application of technical concepts and techniques, scheduling, meeting quality standards, and setting priorities.
- Applies basic knowledge of well-established technical methods, policies, and practices to solve and address routine product problems within limited scope and complexity.
- Participates in training to perform installation, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on Cymer equipment installed at customer sites.
- Works and trains with other field service personnel as appropriate to learn and use professional concepts and apply company policies and procedures to manage an assigned installation equipment base.This includes providing primary support, forecasting, conducting customer support meetings, and ensuring regular communication with the customer.Applies high levels of customer service in performing duties.
- Coordinates efforts with others, seeking assistance and feedback as appropriate.Incorporates feedback to improve and enhance capabilities/technical knowledge.
- Completes service, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with Cymer’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree
- Technical knowledge of electronics.
- Laser and vacuum experience preferred.
- Knowledge of optics and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment is preferred.
- Requires experience using the following software packages: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LabView, Internet Protocol, and Computer Networking.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment to include spectrometers, o-scopes, etc.
- Technical ability to read and analyze opto-mechanical and electronic systems
- Ability to follow written procedures and identify out-of-specification equipment performance.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of installation, maintenance/repair, and trouble shooting methodologies through training.
- Must be able to successfully meet customer site access requirements such as:background checks, safety training, and cleanroom access (gowning and breathing apparatus).
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.