Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req33831
Design Engineer On-Product Overlay Customer Node Solutions
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Would you like to work in a multidisciplinary team, working on cutting edge technology, providing innovative wafer fab solutions to our customer’s challenges?
Role and responsibilities
As an overlay engineer you will design and help implementing solutions that improve the overlay performance between layers on product wafers of our customers. Your scope exceeds the overlay performance of ASML’s lithographic equipment, and includes effects on overlay caused by processing equipment, masks, metrology, and the choices that are made by the customer on how to do process setup and control.
You are responsible for realizing upfront agreed performance specifications on on-product overlay. You will do this in close collaboration with customers or our development partners, and often connected to the introduction of a new technology node. Your results can cover a wide variety of solutions like scanner setup and usage, ASML application products, choices in alignment and process control strategies, alignment and overlay mark choice and design, mask and wafer routing, and process optimization.
You are expected to represent ASML as an expert in the field and to get recognition of this by the customers. Since you will be working closely with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the same time being able to give input to product managers and system engineers for ASML product improvements.
The job consists of following activities:
- Do data analysis with models and algorithms partly developed by yourself
- Execute budget breakdown and root-cause identification analysis on customer data.
- Create proposals for improving the on-product performance.
- Help implementing and executing the proposal at the customer.
- Support implementation of solutions for on-product overlay monitoring, control and improvements into application SW products.
- Participate actively in identifying future product features.
Education and experience
- PhD/master degree in Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical), with a solid background in the majority of the following fields: statistics, data analysis, control theory, (semi-conductor) process technology, semi-conductor device physics, and/or design for experiment.
- We are looking for professionals with > 2 years of experience in an industrial research, development, or process control organization. Experience within the semiconductor industry is highly desirable, but not a must. Mastering MatLab, R or similar data processing tools is a pre.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Creative and pragmatic in generating ideas for technical solutions
- Acting decisive while dealing with many unknowns
- Make it happen attitude
- Know your stakeholders and communicate proactively
- Team player
- Take responsibility
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
Development & Engineering: The Applications D&E department develops, integrates, and qualifies functional modules and application packages in the area of wafer metrology (critical dimension and overlay) and wafer fab applications (performance control applications). All development activities need to be conducted with the constraints of specification, time and budget as demanded by market conditions. Additionally, a technical consulting activity for our customers is operated, that designs and helps implementing integral solutions for on-product performance based on the products developed by ASML.
The holder of this position reports to the AD DE On-Product Performance - Process Window Control - Overlay Control group manager, interacts with a project manager and operates within multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
Traveling a few times per year to customers worldwide can be part of the job.
An assessment can be part of the selection process.
Semiconductors, Lithography, Overlay, Wafer Processing, Etching, Engineering, Process Control, SPC, APC, MatLab
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.