30+ days ago - req33860
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
The Customer Support (CS) sector is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems at customer locations, transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customers of ASML products in the most efficient use of ASML products during the production process.
As a Technical Author in the Knowledge eXchange and Innovation (KXI) Publications team, you will support the customers by providing User Manuals, Software Release Bulletins, Application Notes, Safety Manuals, and various other technical documents. You will work as part of a team to write new documents, update existing documents, and contribute to the continuous improvement of our documents, processes, and procedures. You will also assist in maintaining KXI content on the ASML intranet and information portals.As KXI is part of the CS Learning organization, you will also support your colleagues by editing training material and other knowledge-related publications.
As a Technical Author, you will report to a Group Leader within the CS KXI department.
Role and responsibilities
Our mission is to revise the organization, grammar, and presentation of information provided by content owners to improve the quality and usability of documentation for ASML and its customers. We also manage and maintain selected knowledge and information systems.
- Create, publish, distribute, and maintain (primarily technical) documentation
- Research information both within the Publications team and ASML as a whole
- Work with subject matter experts to organize and edit highly technical information and turn it into appropriate technical documentation
- Represent the customer’s view with respect to documentation projects, focusing on ease-of-use and learning concerns
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Three to five years’ experience in a similar position or in writing and information management
- Experience with document and web publishing
- Experience with content or document management
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English with a strong attention to detail
- A service-oriented attitude
- Highly adaptable and willing to embrace change in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Constantly seeking ways to improve current processes and tools
- Ability to independently write technical documentation and take ownership for the completeness, accuracy, and overall quality of the work
- Ability to work independently in a self-managing team
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Please be willing to submit samples of your writing.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.