Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
19 days ago - req33970
Global CMDB Quality Manager
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Become part of the one the most exiting companies around the globe as an Global CMDB Quality Manager and help ASML to drive IT automation to the next level.
- Act as a CMDB champion, who owns CMDB data quality management process and overall data model (based on the Common Service Data Model (CSDM) framework) and makes sure that the ASML organization is speaking the same language when talking about CMDB data and its quality;
- You will serve as a compliance and IT configuration subject matter expert and trusted advisor; partner with both Business and IT to evaluate the design, effectiveness and quality of the CMDB data including the data lifecycle processes. You are also responsible to develop trending for remediation efforts and overall compliance with regulatory and operational standards, and to build compliance programs;
- Continuously identify and drive data and process improvements throughout the ASML organization to boost CMDB data quality and reliability, to reduce costs and to minimize risks into the day-to-day operations and to ensure business processes can rely on the underlying data;
- Presents monthly the overall status of the CMDB data quality and the improvements to IT MT;
- Collaborate with IT MT to develop improvement initiatives and to align on their priority.
The Global CMDB Quality Manager will play a key role in helping ASML to set the next steps in automation. As a Global CMDB Quality Manager it’s your mission to make sure that we have an a high quality CMDB at all times, despite the complex organization and IT architecture. A CMDB that the business and IT can rely on to drive their processes, compliance requirements, certification andIT automation. And above all, good enough to drive important (business) decisions.
Role and responsibilities
The ASML Global CMDB Quality Manager is responsible for the overall quality of the CMDB in collaboration with all the teams that register information in the CMDB, including: the identification, analysis and control of hardware/software configuration changes, and the orchestration of CI data integrity and relationships. The individual will also manage the life cycle of business applications (and other classes) and CIs within the ServiceNow platform. Ultimately, this role will contribute to the Configuration Management Database maturity process.
We are currently in process of implementing the concept of a self-sustainable CMDB, where we use other data sources (ServiceGrahp API’s) as and processes to keep the CMDB up-to-date at all times. We also expect you to contribute to this new concept with your industry knowledge and experience.
You will be closely working with other Global CMDB Quality Managers and the ServiceNow teams,who are responsible for implementing new functionality, integrations and keeping discovery a float. You will a be thought leader in this space and have an ability to connect and make things happen.
Education and experience
A grasp of some skills that fit this position:
- 5 years of experience with Configuration Management (CMDB) in ServiceNow in a large IT organization, including defining processes and governance around CMDB required;
- Experience in creating, updating and maintaining CMDBs, Asset Management Databases and other asset/configuration management repositories in a complex IT environment;
- Experience in identifying and tracking CIs, implementing change control and accounting for discovered/manual CIs in a complex IT system. Minimum of 3+year experience with ServiceNow Discovery and a good understanding of plugins (and integrations);
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with Common Service Data Model (version 3);
- Knowledgeable about the basics of Scrum / Agile way of working;
- ServiceNow Certified System Administration.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
We expect that you have excellent communication skills and must be a good team player. Should be able to communicate effectively with individuals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.And should have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. These skill are fundamental for driving the CMDB discussions in the monthly MT-IT and collaborate together to keep improving.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
We are currently working at home because of the COVID-19. When it’s possible again, we alternate working from home with working on location in Veldhoven.
We are also looking for somebody who is willing to work incidentally outside office hours due to the global presence of the team.
The importance of a high quality CMDB is recognized by IT-MT as one of the drivers to help the organization forward. The IT configuration management team is currently undergoing changes and its our goal to become part of the agile way of working.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.