Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req33924
Manager Technical Accounting & External Reporting
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you keen to take up a new challenge as business partner in a global company? We are looking for a strong, agile person to join our finance department.
As part of the Accounting Expert Advisory team, it is our mission to be a trusted advisor that supports quality decision-making, drives risk mitigation and think in solutions.
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our ambitious business objectives are met in compliance with laws and regulations. As a business partner you will work with senior stakeholders (up to the CFO) inside and outside the Finance department, playing a key role in:
- Provide advice for quality decision making using in-depth expertise to stakeholders, supporting art-of-the-possible;
- Ensuring compliance with external reporting requirements, including both our US GAAP and IFRS Annual Reports;
- Accountable for setting policies and provide best practices to ensure effective, efficient and compliant execution of operational activities.
Role and responsibilities
You will be part of the Accounting Expert Advisory team, which is responsible for:
- Advising colleagues with the correct and consistent interpretation and implementation of US GAAP/IFRS standards;
- Determining the accounting impact of significant sales and procurement deals by being part of the different account teams;
- Being part of the project team in case of acquisition or other significant strategic projects;
- Taking ownership of Integrated Reporting of ASML Holding NV (US GAAP and IFRS), as well interim IFRS reporting;
- Review of our quarterly Consolidated financial statements and earnings releases (US GAAP);
- Accounting policies through the accounting manual and position papers;
- Setting our Sarbanes-Oxley scoping and control framework;
- Providing a 2nd level of oversight over accounting compliance;
- Providing trainings throughout the organization;
- Communicating with Audit Committee, Disclosure Committee and Internal Control Committee;
- Assisting with the external auditor regarding technical accounting related topics;
- Encouraging continuous improvement and embedding compliant accounting in ASML’s processes.
Education and experience
To qualify for this challenging position you need a Master degree with completed RA (or equivalent).
- 9+ years of experience at one of the big 4 audit firms (incl. managerial experience) is required;
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP and IFRS is required;
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the requirements as result thereof is an advantage;
- Experience / Knowledge of continuous monitoring, data analytics is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Informal personality;
- Flexible, team player;
- Strong communication skills;
- Hands-on attitude.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.