Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req34039
Algorithm Development Engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
In the software research and development (R&D) team, you will be a key member to develop high quality software and contribute to all phases of the development process from designing to release. You will be responsible for independently developing and testing the algorithms and turn general requirement definitions into functioning modules. A good candidate should exhibit strategic thinking, be self-motivated and collaborative with team members.
Role and responsibilities
As an Algorithm Engineer you willdevelop features and functionalities for the verification software to perform lithographic manufacturability check. The developer is expected to take a leading role in software design, and also to maintain and optimize base level library, SQL database, and software processing flow. The position needs to identify the product bottlenecks and boost its performance to accommodate customers’ demands. We expect the developer to provide solid work estimates and planning, and also to communicate closely with Marketing, Project engineers, and Quality Assurance team.
Education and experience
- PhD or Master’s in Computer Science, Electric Engineering, physics, Applied Mathematics, or related areas.
- Good experience in C++ and/or other Object-Oriented Software Development
- Solid understanding in Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience in developing and debugging Multi-threaded/Parallel Applications
- Familiar with UNIX environment and scripting languages
- Experience in Computational Geometry, Large Data Application, High Performance Computing, Algorithm
- Optimization and Geometric Pattern processing (matching) is a good plus
- Knowledge in Semiconductor Lithography and IC design layout processing is a good plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate at a system level
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.