Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req34042
Cloud FinOps Analyst
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories, Data science
Introduction to the job
ASML’s IT organization is a modern managed company group based in the Netherlands. We provide the capabilities and practical guidance customers need to successfully embrace IT changes and move their businesses forward. We are also in process of looking at and moving services to cloud based infrastructures worldwide.This position would be a U.S. based role and will be focused on establishing a new Cloud Financial Operations (FinOps) way of working as we look and migrate to the cloud based services. The Cloud FinOps Analyst will be a critical member of the U.S. based IT team working directly with our cloud service clients, IT, leadership, and vendors.
Role and responsibilities
- Support the U.S. based cloudbudget and forecast process in managing consumption, chargebacks, showback, and savings in collaboration with corporate accounting, finance, andtechnical owners + Support stakeholders in understanding their cloud spendbased on their business roadmap, technical needs and budgeted forecast.
- Work with technical staff tomonitor cloud consumption and relate at the account level to detect,investigate, and escalate anomalies and unplanned spikes. Analyze, report,and produce meaningful reports from large raw datasets within cloudbilling and usage tools, data lake, CMDB, or other service tools asapplicable.
- Collaborate with IT, BusinessUnits, and Corporate finance to track resource utilization in order todefine and execute relevant cloud commitment plans and to define growthstrategies and optimize resources while managing costs.
- Design, develop, and maintainreports, processes and KPIs that provide detailed usage statistics andcosts correlations across the multi cloud landscape.
Education and experience
- Bachelorsor master's degree in business, finance, IT or analytics; MBA/engineeringdegree considered as well and a minimum of 5 years of overall professional experience (progressive experience in a financial setting ex. Financial Analyst, Business Analyst) and two or more years of relevant experience in Cloud FinOps/Cloud spend optimization, experience in sourcing of public cloud services including cloud sourcing strategy planning. Strategic supplier selection, contracting and commercial negotiations with MS Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or AWS.
- Possessa current FinOps certification, or ability to attain within 6 months +Possess an Azure Practitioner certification or ability to attain within 12months
- Working with Azure/Google cloud native tooling
- Experience with cloud toolssuch as Cloudability
- Work experience from large,international companies and have dealt with or worked for global serviceproviders and / Multi-time zone environments
- Experience working in Agileenvironment
- Strong understanding of public cloud players (e.g. Azure, Google), their product portfolio and commercial cost / structure models
- General understanding of broad IT strategies and sourcing with working market knowledge (e.g. key vendors, services and technology trends)
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving capabilities; superior written/verbal communications skills
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Passionateabout driving new technology solutions.
- Goodcommunication and presentation skills.
- Strongdocumentation and analytical skills.
- Ability to engage and interact independently with client personnel including architecture, procurement and business specialists.
- Ability to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment utilizing Agile methodologies as applicable.
- Ability to work in a multi-time zone environment and travel to other offices if required.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings, and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
- Travel to San Diego and the Netherlands may constitute up to 10% of the position.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.