You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Cloud Services Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
An Azure Cloud Engineer is responsible for efficient development and operations. As an engineer you need to balance service reliability and delivery speed. They are skilled at using the Microsoft Azure platform to build software delivery pipelines, deploy and monitor services, and manage and learn from incidents.
This role is part of the U.S. CloudServices group. This teams vision is to provide a flexible and reliable automated cloud support for resource users and sustainable adoption of cloud across ASML and maximizing the ability to realize its benefits while reducing risks, supporting ASMLs growth and bring innovative cloud solutions to the teams.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
As a Cloud Services Engineer you will be part of the U.S. Customer Team, work with Cloud Center of Excellence in Veldhoven and all U.S. customer bases as well as other IT groups. The objective of this Team is to support all U.S. Cloud service customers both before and after deployment.Assist in solutions design and coordinate with DevOps groups and supporting of solutions on the Azure and Google platforms.This includes interfacing for environment validation and requirements gathering.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s/Master degree in IT, Business Management, Computer Science or Electronics required with 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Cloud service / vendor certifications from Azure desired.
- Configuring and using IaaSservices (like VM, networking, storage).
- Configuring and using PaaSservices (like WebApp, Database services, Kubernetes, Data Lake,Databricks etc.).
- Networking principles andprotocols such as IP subnetting, Network Security Groups, routing, AzureFirewall, ExpressRoute, load balancer, DNS, etc.
- Engineering and coding skillsapplied in an agile way
- Working with Azure DevOps forautomated deployments. Experience with other tools like Jenkins, Bamboo,Build kite is a preferred
- Understand the concepts of SiteReliability Engineering (SRE) to maximize automation, reduce waste,increase scale and apply systemic thinking.
- Working with Azure cloud nativetooling.
- Experience with infrastructureconfiguration management tools such as Terraform, Puppet and Chef is a preferred.
- Experience with Linux and otheropen source products is a prerequisite.
- Work experience from large,international companies and have dealt with or worked for global serviceproviders and / Multi-time zone environments.
- Experience working in Agileenvironment.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Passionateabout driving new technology solutions.
- Goodcommunication, documentation and presentation skills.
- Ableto express ideas effectively in individual and groupsituations(includingnon-verbal communication); adjustinglanguage or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience,and the ability to listen effectively to others and give constructivefeedback to others.
- Goodcustomer focus and customer facing skills.
- Ableto execute a task in a good manner and with good results with limitedsupervision.
- Self-drivenand able to work with minimal oversight/management once given properguidance
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in San Jose, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings, and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
- Travel to San Jose CA and the Netherlands may constitute up to 10% of the position.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.