Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
29 days ago - req34073
Mechanical Safety Architect
In a nutshell
Are you challenged by providing the best service solutions on complex systems? Do you have good analytical skills complemented with a technical background? We are looking for people like you to join our Competence Engineering Architect team.
The Competency Engineering Groups are part of the Customer Support (CS) DUV Engineering department. The mission of the department is to deliver the perfect service solutions for the ASML scanners & products, improve the effectiveness of our Maintenance, Install and Relocations operations in the field while reducing the costs.
As Mechanical Safety Architect, you are the technical voice of Customer Support for the development, maintenance and improvement of Critical Handling and Transport tools where the Safety of the Field engineers and operators is key.
Handling and Transporting tools are tools designed to support the vertical and horizontal movement in confined spaces of parts with high sensitivity to mechanical stress, while securing the safety of the operators at all times. They are therefore parts which require high tech design and attention to details.You will be an interface between the CS Field organization and the different sectors at ASML Headquarters in Veldhoven, like Development & Engineering (D&E), Supply Chain Management and Manufacturing. You use your understanding of the way-of-working in the field, your technical knowledge and your communication skills to drive for efficient solutions which are needed to reach the operational targets of our installed base and to identify opportunity to optimize our costs.
Engineers in the field recognize you as the technical expert who they can contact for questions and follow-up of structural issues and solutions rollout. You make sure that the CS Field organization is prepared for their job by securing the quality and completeness of the Service Mix (work instructions, parts and tools) and sharing knowledge.Your engineering skills enable you to do an in-depth analysis of structural issues, identify possible improvements and quantify the impact on operational targets to help set the right priorities on what to solve and what not. You set the direction for the most efficient solution and steer technical discussions with solution providers (for example D&E). If needed you support technical communication towards different levels of management and customers.
To summarize, your main tasks and responsibilities as Mechanical Safety Architect will be:
- Build and maintain technical expertise for competences NXT PM, BAMO, WH, Motion Control and Power Electronics;
- Perform in-depth analysis of structural issues from installed base of machines at customers;
- Secure progress of Safety Escalations towards resolution
- Quantify the impact of structural issues on the operational targets;
- Define and steer direction of efficient solutions for the Field organization on a technical level;
- Validate and support roll-out of solutions to the Field, including knowledge transfer;
- Handshake and validate Service Mix of new products and functionalities delivered by D&E to enable independent operation by CS Field organization;
- Transfer and maintain all relevant knowledge to the CS field engineers in the form of documentation, training and Knowledge Transfer presentations;
- Facilitate and maintain a global competency network.
Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics.
- 3-5 Years of working experience in a position relevant for this application;
- Experience with safety topics/tooling;
- Around 2 years of ASML work experience is a welcome plus.
- Pro-active attitude and taking initiative;
- Analytical skills;
- Helicopter view;
- Flexible but result driven;
- Team player with excellent communication skills in a multicultural work environment;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills in English;
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
Context of the position
Competency Engineering (CE) is part of the CS DUV Engineering department focusing on (technical) service engineering. This vacancy is within the Bottom & Layout cluster and as part of the Architect Interface team the Competency Engineer reports to the group lead of this team.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations, as well as transferring all relevant knowledge and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process. CS Central takes care that effective support of the customer by local offices is possible by providing knowledge, technical support and process support to the field offices.