Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
15 days ago - req34122
Field Service Engineer (Cymer) - based in Veldhoven, Netherlands
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to
producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. The Company designs, develops, integrate, markets and services
these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the
functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Cymer is an independently operated business within the ASML group that develops, manufactures and services deep-ultraviolet
(DUV) light sources. The product portfolio includes excimer lasers using argon fluoride (ArF) or krypton fluoride (KrF) gases to
generate light in the deep-ultraviolet spectrum. These lasers generate the light that photolithography scanners use to image
patterns on silicon wafers. The research, development and manufacturing of DUV light sources is centered in San Diego, U.S.A.
Role and responsibilities
The Cymer Field Service Engineer provides onsite field service support mainly through the performance of installations and deinstallations, upgrades, repairs, and maintenance of complex capital laser equipment and systems. The Field Service Engineer
troubleshoots either to resolve issues directly or through referring advanced issues to technical support resources. He/she
acts as a customer service advocate, instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. The work is to be
performed in a 2-shift work schedule covering Monday to Friday between 08:00 am and 11:30 pm, and weekend on-call/callout.
As a The Cymer Field Service Engineer, you:
- Analyze, diagnose, and troubleshoot Cymer equipment problems mostly at the customer site or via telephone;
- Perform installations and de-installations, repair, retrofits, upgrades and preventive maintenance on Cymer
equipment installed at customer sites, with a main work basis in Veldhoven;
- Regularly provide assistance, guidance, leadership, and technical assistance to junior or less experienced engineers;
may serve as site leader for customer;
- Maintain and manages an assigned installation equipment base. This includes providing primary support,
forecasting, conducting customer support meetings, and ensuring regular communication with the customer;
- Assist customers in the receipt, installation, and testing of company equipment;
- Conduct equipment troubleshooting, analysis, and debugging in support of installation or operating activities.
- Provide service education to customer’s service and operations staff;
- Ensure that parts are available and as specified for service requirements;
- Maintain appropriate tools are on hand and as required;
- Travel as required for the purposes of technical training and performing service activities at customer sites or
backfilling for other Cymer Field Service Engineers;
- Complete service, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s
procedures and with supervisor’s approval;
- Use company technical documentation and provides feedback for improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical emphasis (Electronics, Optics, Mechatronics, Physics);
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job;
- Minimum of two years’ experience is preferred, of which a minimum of one years’ experience in optics, laser, and/or semiconductor manufacturing equipment;
- You are able to work for 90% of the time in the Cleanroom;
- Laser and vacuum experience preferred;
- Advanced level of technical knowledge of electronics;
- Has performed multiple on-site installations;
- Requires experience using the following software packages: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LabView, Internet Protocol, and Computer Networking, as well as Oracle and SAP databases.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent (English) written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to analyze data and report problems, to complete accurate, comprehensive service reports, and to
communicate technical issues to other technical staff;
- Ability to collect, translate, and analyze data and take action based on effectively report problems though written
and/or graphical representation of data (detailed Post-Mortem Chronological Abstracts, trending analysis, failure
- Excellent customer service skills, with a solid foundation in and an understanding of the importance of relationship
- Ability to facilitate resolution of technical challenges;
- Ability to apply knowledge of installation, maintenance/repair, and troubleshooting at both the module and system
level, while seeking expertise of more senior field service engineers where required;
- Ability to read and analyze opto-mechanical and electronic schematics.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Expect a dynamic and enthusiastic working environment, where flexibility, drive and initiatives are highly valued. Work is
performed in a 2-shift work schedule. The Field Service Engineer reports to the Site Operations Manager, Field Service. The primary work location is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
Please add a personal motivation letter to this application.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.