27 days ago - req34170
Mechanical Integration Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
The EUV source team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML.The Droplet Generation System Function is responsible for creating a steady stream of micron-scale droplets of molten tin injected into a vacuum vessel at a rate of tens of thousands per second, which generate EUV light when hit by infrared laser pulses.The functional team is fully responsible for development of the droplet generator, for integration and functional testing of the modules and sub-components, and for overall integration of the module within the system.
The complexity of the droplet generation requirements and the associated need for experimental studies and validation testing put exciting and challenging demands on the Droplet Generation Test Engineer, who will be working within a team of engineers and technicians operating a small tight-knit collaborative lab running multiple test benches. Ideal candidates will be incredibly organized, have a strong knowledge of diverse test and diagnostic equipment operation, and have a genuine desire to support the organization’s goals. The role will require performing complex engineering integration, test and troubleshooting activities, including operation, optimization and service of functional modules in test lab, factory and customer environments.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Plans and executes test operations on multiple test benches in the DropletGeneration Test Lab, including operation of data acquisition, measurement,and control systems.
- Sets up standard optical table and diagnostic equipment, troubleshoot andisolate problems in laboratory equipment
- Uses sophisticated computer programs and diagnostic equipment during testexecution.
- Performs optical alignment of laser systems or external diagnostic equipment.
- Collects and analyzes data, summarizes results, and prepare presentation of resultsfor review.
- Producesclear, concise documentation and progress updates in predefined formats.
- Interfaceswith design engineers to ensure successful test equipment integration andexecute equipment maintenance and upgrade plans.
- Developstest procedures based on pre-defined test objectives.
- Ensures lab operational compliance with necessary regulations, protocols,policies, and safety inspections as required.
- Presents progress against plans in all required forums.
Education and experience
- Requiresminimum of Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field and a minimum3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstratedhands-on experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Previouslab testing experience is required.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Proficiency in use of test instrumentation including lasers and optical sensors, electronic test equipment, pressure and gas flow control, vacuum systems and equipment without direction.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Proficiency in reading and creating electrical schematics and using manufacturers’ product specifications to select components to purchase.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team and complete assignments with minimal supervision, establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to complete assignments with meticulous attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.