You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
23 days ago - req34128
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you an engineer with broad interest and technical knowledge, who wants to work and challenge highly technical skilled teams and bring insight in cost structures of our products, than Value Engineering might be something for you.
Role and responsibilities
Under the umbrella of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Value Engineering provides a structured approach to increase ASML profitability by improving the Value of our products for our customers and reducing its integral Costs.
The PLM Team specifies the total cost of ownership of our machines and creates awareness of the value- and cost drivers in cooperation with the sectors within our organization. This will allow us to steer on margin optimization instead of cost reduction only.
The Product Development Engineer will operate from the Extreme UV Cost Team and be present in projects and programs that require an extra focus on cost because of impact or risk. You will work with technical teams to determine actual cost estimates of building blocks, identify value and cost improvements and support the Cost Architect in managing these costs towards the targets. Acting as partner in the D&E teams / Functional clusters and create an increased cost awareness, sense of urgency and facilitate to drive costs down.
- Ensuring cost monitors are set-up, relevant data becomes available and WoW is embedded within the teams. Herewith creating a tool to keep targeted cost under control, that provides insides on latest project status and helps to set the priorities for the teams in regards to costs and value.
- Leading of Value Engineering workshops and activities, identification of Value – Cost optimization opportunities in cross-functional collaboration with project teams, technical experts, procurement and suppliers.
- Leading Value Engineering activities for selected key projects until business case approval
- Supporting Development and Engineering, sourcing and Business Lines in the application of value and cost optimization methods:
- during the product design phase / during other phases of the product lifecycle
- in cross-functional workshops including suppliers
- via training on Value Engineering methodologies
- Maintain network with internal and external partners
- Support the product cost roadmap together with the Cost Architect
Education and experience
- Master (or equal by experience) in Physics, Electronical Engineering, Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering or similar.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in product architecture, product design and industrialization
- Experience in cost structure analysis, product cost optimization, cost driver analysis and target costing
- Familiar with Value Engineering methods and techniques
- Experience with complex environments and structures
- Preferred experience in electronical product design
- Build relationships
- Drive change
- You dare to challenge
- High analytical skills
- Influencing skills towards cross functional partners as well as suppliers.
- Personal engagement, customer orientation, empathy, excellent communication skills, pioneering spirit and assertiveness.
- Natural starter
- Creative, Conceptual
- Hands-on and pragmatic
- Team player
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.