You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req34229
Electro Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by the engineering of electronic solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better contact us today!
Role and responsibilities
The Development & Engineering EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility) competence team are experts on design for EMC, functional (inter- and intra-system) and regulatory (EMC) compliance. Skilled advisors aiding in D&E/ factory troubleshooting activities, customer service & support requests and facility management features.
As an EMC engineer you are a knowledge base for all the ASML electrical designers to make a design on PCB- and (sub)system level, that meets the relevant EMC standards. You support by performing EMC measurement and diagnosing the measurement results and provide improvements.
The EMC engineer is responsible for the following:
- Advise, measure and improve the EMC behavior of ASML-designed printed circuit boards, cable and cabinet/rack designs.
- Advise, measure and improve EMC behavior of ASML-designed and subcontracted designs of modules making up a finished ASML product.
- Qualify ASML products to relevant EMC international standards such as CE qualification. Activities include:
- Provide means and methods to test & qualify ASML products
- Facilitate assessment & qualification of these EMC test activities by an external Competent Body according to international standards
- Plan and perform type-qualification EMC tests on ASML product lines including reporting these tests in conformance with international standards.
- Contributing to ASML EMC roadmap and design guidelines.
- Contributing to the creation of plans in relation to EMC.
- Acting as an Electronics Development representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
Education and experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Multiple years of experience in electronics and/or electromechanical designs.
- Has worked previously (no less than 3 years ago) as EMC engineer
- Writing of technical documentation
- Familiar with electrical safety basics
- Working in multidisciplinary and preferable international environment
- Basic knowledge of software, physics and mechatronics.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Initiative and pro-active;
- Highly motivated team player with good social and communication skills;
- Structured with eye for details;
- Accurate and problem-solving;
- AAbility to provide technical direction to designers;
- Pragmatic attitude;
- Drive and ownership;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written;
- Affinity with education or having an educational background is preferential, but not mandatory.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design, and realization of products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the Cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification, and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products. The EMC design engineer reports to the Group Manager System Electrical Architecture and multiple program related projects.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.