Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req34296
Group Manager Mechatronics
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you have experience in leading teams, and are you able to support your team to be the best version of themselves?
Are you able to see the big picture without missing the important details and are you capable to deploy complex Mechatronic projects? Then we want to get in touch with you!
Role and responsibilities
In the position of Group Manager in the Mechatronics Department, you and your team are key contributors to the development of Mechatronics in ASML’s lithographic products.
Job responsibilities include:
- Leading a group, 15 - 25 people, of highly skilled, professional engineers, operating in multidisciplinary projects
- Having a strong focus on people
- Being a role model by living our values (Care, Collaborate and Challenge) and enabling your employees to do the same
- Driving changes in your own area of responsibility
- Connecting and enabling your team membersby building strong relations with people outside of your direct scope.
- Evaluating the capabilities of staff within the department to identify gaps and prioritize development activities; coach and mentor your team members to support their personal growth.
- Taking the responsibility of translating ASML’s strategy into a clear vision, and direction, that inspires, motivates and develops people.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree or Masters degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- 10+ years of proven work experience, including 5 or more years of managerial experience.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You are an enabler and coach. You support your employees to be the best version of themselves.
- You have the wide ability to communicate well with colleagues, lower level staff and executive management.
- You are pro-active and decisive.
- You have the capability to build a strong team
- You have analytical capabilities with a pragmatic attitude.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development (MSD) is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems, functions and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
Please know that several of our mechatronic development groups are expanding so this is a pipeline vacancy for the whole department. After receiving your application we will look at your profile and see if we can match it with existing or upcoming positions. We will contact you as soon as there is a suitable opportunity, which might take longer than screening process for regular vacancies.
Some of our positions might require access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.