30+ days ago - req34297
Industrial Engineering and Management Internship: Improve the Customer Support Projects
In a nutshell
No experience (Student)
Data science, Mechanical engineering, Physics
Are you a master or bachelor student with an educational background in Industrial Engineering& Management, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Data Science? Are you a self-driven student who enjoys working in a technical environment? Then this internship could be interesting for you!
ASML Customer Support (CS) is responsible to service a global installed base of thousands machines in a 24x7 operation with >6000 employees worldwide.
A program within CS, called Global Support Model (GSM), is preparing ASML support organization for our next challenges. Using several workstreams, the GSM program is supporting different CS segments with their roadmap execution. The fundament of the program is to drive alignment and find synergies between these different segments.
Within and under guidance of our GSM program, you will be tasked with one or two projects which bring benefits for allCS segments. These projects need additional support and dedication.
Examples of such projects are:
- Industrialization of the HoloLens for remote support purposes;
- Further alignment of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) between central CS segments;
- Visualizing and quantifying the impact of several maintenance requirements on our service level performance (Maintenance Requirements Manual compliancy);
- Depending on the progress of the program, other projects could come up during your internship.
This is an unique opportunity to look behind the scenes of and contribute to our global support organization from ASML headquarters in Veldhoven. Work with us to establish direction for the future success of ASML Customer Support.
- You are a master or bachelor student with an educational background in Industrial Engineering& Management, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or Data Science;
- You are looking to do your bachelor graduation project or gain work experience;
- You are a self-driven student who enjoys working in a technical environment;
- You are a goal oriented and self-starter student who wants to flourish in a multi-cultural setting;
- You have strong English communication skills, both verbal and written, Dutch is less important;
- You are available to do an internship for 4 days a week for 5-6 months;
- You can start either in February or in April 2022.
Please note that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a school for the entire duration of the internship.
Change the world – one nanometer at a time
Become an intern at a Dutch company that’s a global industry leader. You’ll gain valuable experience in a highly innovative environment – one that sparks your imagination and creativity. In addition to a monthly internship allowance of maximum €500 (plus a possible housing or travel allowance), you’ll get practical guidance from experts in the field and the chance to work in and experience a dynamic team environment.
ASML: be part of progress
ASML is a high-tech company headquartered in the Netherlands. We manufacture the complex lithography machines that chipmakers use to produce integrated circuits, or computer chips. What we do is at the heart of all the electronic devices that keep us informed, entertained and connected. Every day, you use electronics that simply wouldn’t exist without our machines.
Behind ASML’s innovations are engineers who think ahead. The people who work at our company include some of the most creative minds in physics, electrical engineering, mathematics, chemistry, mechatronics, optics, mechanical engineering, and computer science and software engineering.
We believe we can always do better. We believe the winning idea can come from anyone. We love what we do – not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard.
Students: getting ready for real-world R&D
We’re a global team of about 29,000 people of 120 different nationalities and counting. Headquartered in Europe’s top tech hub, the Brainport Eindhoven region in the Netherlands, our operations are spread across Europe, Asia and the US.
In such an environment, your colleagues may be sitting next door, or they could be thousands of kilometers away in a different country – or even working for a different company.
An internship at ASML is the opportunity to get to know not only the world of industrial-strength R&D, but yourself – you’ll discover just what excites you most. Will you design a part of the machine, or make sure it gets built to the tightest possible specifications? Will you write software that drives the system to its best performance, or work side-by-side with the engineers of our customers in a fab, optimizing a system to the requirements of the customer?
How will you be part of progress?