Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req34243
Optical System Integration Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Introduction to the job
The CO2 Optical System Integration Engineer will support development, and integration of next-generation optical subsystems for the creation and control of EUV light.S/he will need to be able to perform analysis, verification, and trouble-shooting on complex opto-mechanical systems. The engineer will also be responsible for data collection, data analysis, system integration and validation, trouble-shooting, issue resolution management, test plan development, test analysis reports, and remote and on-site field support for customer escalations.S/he will represent the Beam Transport System & Final Focusing Unit projects in San Diego and serve as an interface to the design projects based in the Netherlands.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Represent ASML Netherlands development & engineering projects in San Diego.
- Support project meetings to ensure close alignment to project development activities and escalations, requiring early morning calls and meetings to gain alignment and share knowledge.
- Provide a broad opto-mechanical and controls engineering background to create test plans, secures system test time, assemble test hardware and perform validation testing of Beam Transport System & Final Focusing Unit module & control software.
- Review requirements, specifications, software release documents, issue resolution plans, test plans and test reports with internal and external customers.
- Provides optical, opto-mechanical, and controls engineering knowledge for issue resolution of optical and control systems.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, scientists, suppliers and QA engineers to resolve quality issues.
- Assists with driving full documentation including sequences, procedures, bill of materials (BOM) and drawings.
- Receive knowledge transfer from projects on new module and software releases.
- Provide knowledge transfer training to Upgrades, Integration, Customer Service and Manufacturing personnel.
- Audit engineering changes (EC) and associated documentation for planned upgrades in San Diego.
- Recommend improvements to projects in regard to safety, reliability, availability, manufacturability & serviceability.
- Travel to internal and customer sites (domestic and overseas) to receive training, provide training, trouble-shoot, upgrade, and optimize laser and beam delivery systems (<20%)
- Work according to safety rules & report near misses and safety issues accurately & immediately.
- Effectively works & prioritizes activities with minimal supervision or direction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a minimum Bachelor’s Degree in physics or optics, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree.No experience is required with a Master’s Degree, but some experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in controls of optics, optical elements, machine conditioning, optical metrology a plus.
- Experience in semiconductor equipment development a plus.
- Experience with optical systems, optical alignment and image processing
- Experience with Matlab and/or Python
- Experience with developing, setting up, running, and collecting data from test experiments
- Experience with common electrical test equipment (multimeter, signal generator, oscilloscope, analog digital converters and digital analog converters)
- Ability to translate and statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to develop trouble-shooting guide/action plans
- Flexibility, when needed, in work schedule including alternating weekend, day and night shifts and travel to oversees customer sites at short notice (<20%)
- The employee is required to support off-hours/on-call phone support for escalation management.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with an advanced understanding of internal/external customer relationship building.
- Good meeting practices (proper attendance, agendas, start/stop times, minutes, actions, follow-through).
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines that can create high pressure situations.
- Self-starter; self-motivator.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.