Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req34249
Sr Product Engineer - Machine Learning
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Data science, Computer science & software engineering, Physics
Introduction to the job
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on technical individual to join the Machine Learning team for our state of the art Optical Proximity Correction (Tachyon OPC+) product. This position will be in our OPC PEG (Product Engineering Group) organization.
Role and responsibilities
The Machine Learning team harnesses the power of deep-learning models to enhance the performance of our OPC solutions.The team is part of the Product Engineering group, whose responsibilities include product requirements definition, customer benchmarks / new engagements, training (internal and external), release testing, and product expertise to support both planning and customer escalation. The group functions as a vital link between R&D and customers, actively engaging with R&D, Marketing, Field, Sales, and QA.
As a member of the machine learning team, you will:
- Investigate new machine learning methods to push the envelope in OPC performance, including evaluation of novel deep-learning schemas and alternative machine learning methodologies.
- Work with the pattern technology team to improve model accuracy through optimization of strategies for training data selection.
- Work with R&D to embed machine learning methods within the OPC flow and to address implementation challenges.
- Work with field teams and customers to ensure that machine learning solutions deliver high customer value by translating feedback and requests into new product features and improvements.
- Work with the marketing team to predict, prepare for, and leverage emerging technology trends.
- Define, test, and qualify new features in each release, providing functional requirements, proof data, documentation, and training materials.
- Support customers as a product expert and as a second-line engineer to Field engineers to resolve customer issues.
Education and experience
- PhD., Master's or Bachelorsin Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, Physics, Imaging Science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Significant coursework in Machine Learning, including neural networks, or equivalent experience in a commercial setting.
- Coursework or industry experience in Image Processing is a plus.
- In-depth research or engineering experience in machine learning, including an advanced understanding of model optimization using Tensorflow, Keras, or similar deep-learning software.
- Hands-on experience in semiconductor technology engineering with an emphasis on OPC (Optical Proximity Correction), RET, advanced mask technology, or a related field is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills.
- Intermediate / advanced software programming skills in python, R, Lua, or C/C++.
- Ability to spin up quickly and to work both independently and as a member of a high-performance team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm about harnessing the power of machine learning to tackle state-of-the-art challenges.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.