You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Electrical Safety expert
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
The Electrical Responsible Person [ERP] within D&E and Research is the equivalent of the role “installatieverantwoordelijke” (Dutch) as described in NEN 3140. The ERP is delegated by ASML management and is responsible (NEN3140) within D&E and Research for all electrical work equipment as described in GID D000605698. This is related to for example NEN3140“Operation of electrical installations - Low voltage”,the Working Conditions act and the ASML document ‘Bedrijfsvoering Elektrische Installaties’ – Corporate Real Estate (BEI CRE) the ERP can make solicited or unsolicited decisions and advise.
Role and responsibilities
- Encourages NEN3140 and GID D000605698 activities in all of its forms.
- Trains, coaches and organizes workshops in relation to electrical safety to create awareness.
- Fosters a safety culture and supports the implementation of safety policies in compliance with the company safety program to eliminate work related injuries. Identifies and reports risks and potentially dangerous situations.
- Defines the activation moments (e.g. connecting the equipment to the supply) of electrical work equipment or parts of.
- Determines the residual risks in relation to the planned electrical work
- Determines the frequency and timing of electrical inspections and maintenance
- In relation to electrical work equipment the ERP assesses the safe use and status
- Reports the start and end of electrical work
- Formulates requirements for enhancements, additions and possible updates of electrical work equipment.
- Approves plans and/or work permits before the execution of the work
- Tracks, monitors, and reportsregularly on the status of electrical safety to all stakeholders;
- Develops and communicates Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and dashboards for measurement of continuous improvement with stakeholders
- Leads electrical safety events (like toolbox sessions) and continuous improvement projects through cross-sector team facilitation and project management in respect to electrical safety (NEN3140).
- Acts as primary liaison with steering committees and networks with other locations to support programs in relation to electrical safety.
- Establishes collaborative relationships within and outside D&E and Research.
- Supports and reviews processes, procedures and performance using evaluation tools and makes recommendations on improvement opportunities.
- Learns from other peer organizations through benchmarking, conferences, seminars and training sessions, and bring this learning back to the organization for further promotion and improvement of our way of working.
- Acts as an independent single source of truth and spider in the web for all NEN-EN 50110-1 related activities within D&E and Research. And therefore does not lead electrical work activities.
- Acts as D&E representative for electrical safety in the Netherlands.
- Aligns with standards & solutions already in use within ASML worldwide.
- Inspects Lab Equipment and Test Setups according to NEN 3140.
Education and experience
Electrical Engineering (HBO intellectual ability),
Proven knowledge of:
- Electrical expertise and this in relation to safety
- Consulting and coaching on various electrical safety topics.
- Project-leader skills.
- Stipel certified ‘Installatieverantwoordelijke / Werkverantwoordelijke Laagspanning’
Preferable knowledge of:
- Machine and product safety.
- Inspection & auditing techniques.
- Assessment techniques.
- Expertise and experience with low voltage power distribution
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Is proactive and takes initiatives within own area of expertise;
- Is able to communicate clearly, concisely and directly to colleagues his/her own opinion, even in difficult and conflict situations and works towards aligning efforts with others;
- Is comfortable in presenting his/her case in front of (large) audiences;
- Keeps deadlines;
- Works independently and remains effective under pressure;
- Is able to influence stakeholdersto comply with NEN3140 and make safety a priority, this regardless of their level of education;
- Has attention for detail and is able to produce work that meets the highest quality standards;
- Works result oriented and driven; get aspects of safety adequately done without posing unnecessary delays and checks the balance regarding development progress;
- Is creative in finding safety solutions in a wide variety of circumstances.
- English verbal and written communication skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.