Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
29 days ago - req34320
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML is seeking an accomplished Production Manager to join the Manufacturing Operations in San Diego, CA.This person will be responsible for ensuring manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently on all shifts and that the output of production meets on time delivery requirements.
This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Ensure safe practices are used throughout production and that health and safety regulations are met.
- Set up a detailed production schedule, within the constraints of the Manufacturing Plan, Technology Map utilizing available resources.
- Ensure progress and output at a minimal cost while meeting On-Time Delivery Goals.
- Solve problems, provide recovery plans, and inform relevant parties on deviations.
- Identify bottlenecks regarding own resources and put plans in place to mitigate or avoid them.If necessary escalate resource issues to Senior Management.
- Realize the planned output of all deliverables of Production.
- Ensure the availability and usefulness of the means of production, in cooperation with Production and Design Engineering.
- Ensure that the level of know-how and the training of the teams is sufficient to be able to realize all plans.
- Acquire applicable know-how / information on new products and new production methods / means of production, to support the production of ‘pilot’ / new products, prepare to assume the process on release for volume production.
- Organize all supporting processes in order to be able to realize the deliverables on time, and to ensure a fast ramp up for volume and Customer Support.
- Ensure the quality of the output of production meets full product specifications: through effective production processes and sufficient know-how/training.
- Put processes in place to review work for administrative completeness and quality adherence.
- Investigate and root cause all quality issues and ensure containments are in place.
- Ensure infrastructure is in place to assure effective and efficient Volume Production task completion.
- Warrant repair and routine maintenance of production equipment is timely planned and performed.
- Certify that the availability and the proper use ofeffective production and qualification procedures / systems are utilized in the production processes.
- Support cooperation throughout Production by: finding solutions and improving working concepts, giving input and feedback, and supporting the execution of all tasks and a good working environment.
- Coordinate cross training and cross utilization of personnel across shifts and work centers to promote good working relationships with in the teams.
- Confirm adequate staffing of the teams to support a productive working atmosphere in order to ensure flexibility.
- Execute hiring and performance appraisals in concert with the Group Leaders and HR schedule.Instruct Group and Team Leads, plan tasks, and set priorities.
- Guarantee proper and timely execution of all tasks.
- Safeguard proper compliance of ASML San Diego Factory, Safety, Quality, and ISO 9000/14000 policies and procedures.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and development for Group Leaders and Team Leaders.
- Ensure incorporation of Lean Manufacturing concepts in the day-to-day operations.
- Support and promote an environment that improves efficiency by using 5S+1 techniques, Kaizen events, Gemba walks, and Six Sigma concepts.
- Facilitate continuous improvement, CI tracker and waste reduction efforts.
Education and experience
- Bachelors Preferred in Business or Engineering Degree.
- 5-10 years of management experience, including Project Management.
- Know-how of Production Management; Quality Assurance; Lean Manufacturing and Process Improvement Methodologies.
- Strong Leadership, Communication, Problem Solving, Teamworking, and Interpersonal Skills.
- Determined, analytical, enterprising, and flexible
- Team Builder and customer oriented
- Able to conduct interviews and assess Job Applicants
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
A fast-paced manufacturing environment that requires ASML leaders that are willing to embrace new concepts.
He/She must work comfortably in a cellular manufacturing environment that utilizes Lean Manufacturing concepts and be able to coordinate with others for job accomplishment.
Must provide an accurate shift status (in writing daily if needed).
Must have a working knowledge of the MS Office Suite.
Previous work within SAP is desired.
Must be capable of working in a clean room environment.
Must be capable of lifting 35 lbs.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.