You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req34385
Technical Support Engineer
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Hermes Microvision, Inc. (HMI), an ASML company, is a leading supplier of advanced E-beam inspection and pattern verification systems used for advanced semiconductor devices. HMI has multiple years of e-beam application experience and leadership in semiconductor factories, focused on high resolution and voltage contrast imaging. As part of ASML, HMI will boost ASML’s holistic lithographic portfolio of (i) lithography exposure systems, (ii) computational lithography and (iii) metrology. Between these three cornerstones ASML offers application products for process window enhancement, control and detection. We are located in the heart of San Jose and growing!
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of progress. One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
Role and responsibilities
- Support and resolve technical issues of e-beam systems.
- Acquire and maintain system generalist knowledge of the HMI systems, develop a large support network in San Jose, Hsin Chu and Veldhoven.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and coordination skills during new product introductions. The ultimate goal is to drive the quality and maturity of the released products to meet the customer committed performance and cycle time requirements.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and solve issues.
- Follow standard procedures to escalate unresolved issues with 3rd line and RD.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports and ensure proper recording and closure of all issues.
- Document tool issues, and develop the best-known-method(BKM) for troubleshooting cases. Share experiences to the team and contribute to the BKM system.
- Support R&D projects to improve system performance. Review, forward, and discuss Technical experience with R&D.
- Equipment installation based on manufacturing specification.
- Transfer new product knowledge to Field Service Engineer.
- Up to 50% travelling capability within US.
- Supporting on-site introduction of new model machines and/or new platforms to our local customer service team and customer engineers.
- Manage and support new upgrades or commercial options for new and existing HMI systems.
- Mature the product by driving the cycle time and performance specifications.
- Transferring knowledge of new products or platforms to enable local engineers to sustain the new product by themselves.
- Keep up to date on the latest technologies by maintaining a network of specialists within the HMI community.
- Prevent issues from re-occurring by driving a structured issue resolution process and (pro) active roll-out of quality solutions.
- Taking part in availability/reliability projects to help identify improvements in failure sensitivity and maintainability, and then ensuring that these improvements are implemented in new and existing products.
- FMEA/upgrade alpha test preparation and support, upgrade beta test preparation and validation.
Education and experience
Bachelor in ME/EE related areas required, Masters, or higher, preferred.
0-2 years of relevant experience.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Responsibilities include periodic travel to regional and overseas sites for product technical support and special support projects.
- Work may include onsite technical support involving heavy lifting of equipment & modules.
- Position will require technical work activity in a clean-room production environment and/or laboratory setting.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and may be exposed to toxic gases (fluorine).
- Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.