System Test Engineer
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Are you an engineer who thinks and acts on system level? Would you like continuously improvethe performance of the machine? Do you define yourself as a person with a “test mentality” whose communication skills are some of his/her best assets? Do you want to use your technical knowledge to define and facilitate the most efficient and effective test and integration strategy? Then the job of a System Test Engineer is just for you!
The DE (Development & Engineering) P&I (Performance & Integration) System Integration department is responsible for the integration, verification and release of system configurations such that these can be manufactured and installed within the required quality and can also be maintained in the field. We supportBusiness Line, Manufacturing and Customer service to achieve customer satisfaction.
In the position of System Test Engineer you will be part of the team that defines the integration
strategy and gives an advise of the quality and risks still left after the integration of a wide variety of hardware, software and other deliveries into one system that performs at a the specified level.
The System Test Engineer takes the technical lead in the integration of multiple subsystem deliveries into one complete system and verification of these deliveries. Integration is done on both functional level and on performance level of the key performance indicators of ASML’s systems.
The System Test Engineer defines the optimal integration and test strategy to achieve this goal and takes part in execution of this strategy for his inttegration steps. The system Test Engineer takes the lead in the creation of the test strategy of deliverables and adds RequisitionLocal from system level perspective. Resulting in a solid advise towards the business line w.r.t. the delivered quality. During integration and introduction of the systems at the first customers, the System Test Engineer will also take the lead in the analysis of complex system issues and in the definition and testing of the solution for such issues.
- Define optimal integration and test strategy: which items are needed in which order to perform stepwise integration into one system
- Verification of the quality of subsystem deliveries by reviewing their qualification reports
- Support/Participate in the integration tests on the system, mainly during troubleshooting or critical test phases
- Take lead in the definition of the problem statement and be a sparring partner during the analysis and solution phase of the found system issues
- Report and advise toward program management on system integration progress amount of risk mitigated and the system’s performance and reliability capabilities
Technical education on Msc level in direction of Physics, Optics, Mechanical, Electrical engineerng, Mechatronics or equivalent.
- Experience in integration activities e.g. integrator or architect in miltidisciplinary projects
- Experience working on system level on complex machines (preferred)
- Hands-on experience in working on ASML machines preferred)
- Analytically strong, enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, proactive, structured
- Ability to interface and cooperate with different people on different organizational levels;
- Ready to be employed at least 2 years;