You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Experienced Electro Mechanical Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you an experienced Electro Mechanical Engineer? Do you like to design and engineer electro mechanical modules, electrical cabinets and electrical connectivity for our high tech products? Do you have a background in electrical (mechanical) engineering and experience in 3D and 2D CAD design for complex products? Then this might be a very interesting job opportunity for you!
We are growing! Regularly new electro mechanical positions open up in different parts of the electrical development cluster (edev), e.g.: Laser Light Generation, Sensor Development, Imaging Electronics, Tin Delivery, Electrical Infrastructure and Mains Supplies, eBeam and Wafer Positioning. In your letter, let us know with which domains of the role you have most experience and/or want to grow in, so that together we can find the best match within edev.
Role and responsibilities
As an Experienced Electro Mechanical Engineer, you are designing electrical wiring harnesses, enclosures, racks and related mechanical parts. You keep existing designs fit for the future, solve quality issues and of course you create new designs. You bring these designs from concept to factory and as such you are also responsible for the Technical Product Documentation (TPD) and configuration management of these products.
The Experienced Electro Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the following:
• Specify, design (3D and 2D) and document various electrical & electro mechanical modules. Take internal and internationalsafety and EMC standards along in your design
• Prepare and execute the change process to get your work into our products
• Maintain a high quality level by organizing reviews of your own work, and participating in reviews of other designers
• Plan your work in the context of the different projects
• Operate in a multidisciplinary team and be able to represent the team
• Depending on experience, manage outsourcing of electrical modules and act as a technical coach for other designers
Education and experience
- Secondary vocational education in electrical engineering or similar (Dutch: MBO-4 education with HBO thinking and acting attitude)
- 3+ year experience as electro-mechanical designer, including experience with multidisciplinary module design (e.g. wiring harnesses and sheet metal)
- Experience in 3D and 2D CAD design of complex products, preferably in Siemens NX
- Technical knowledge of mechanical concepts, wiring concepts and connectivity concepts
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams
- Familiar with SAFe - Agile wow is a plus
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social and communication skills
- Accurate and quality focused
- Systematic approach, yet with a pragmatic hands-on attitude
- Responsible and disciplined
- Good command of the English language (speaking & writing)
- In control in a dynamic environment and able to deal with changing circumstances
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design, and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E, the department Electronic Development (EL) is responsible for the definition, realization, and qualification of electronic functions and modules of these products.
Please submit your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
Several of our electrical development groups are expanding. After receiving your application we will look at your profile and see if we can match it with existing positions. We will contact you as soon as there is a suitable opportunity.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.