IT – Subject Matter Expert Mechanical Design software
Computer Science & Software Engineering
In a nutshell
Computer Science & Software Engineering
Are you a High Potential with interest in IT and the ability to challenge the business? Can you be the central point of contact for changes to Mechanical Design software? Join the Product Lifecycle Management team and be part of one of the most technically developed companies of the world.
You are the expert in state-of-the-art IT solutions for Mechanical Design software (for instance, Siemens NX). You play an active role in projects and changes related to Mechanical Design software.
You are the linking pin between the ASML Business key users (primarily Development & Engineering), the IT organization and the outsourcing partners. You translate the agreed business requirements into a Functional Design, validate the Technical Design, guide the configuration and build activities and support the implementation in the business, together with the business.Acting as first IT contact for Business key players in the ASML organization comes natural to you. You assess, design and deploy software change proposals and information systems changes (based on Projects or Non Standard Change requests from the business) to continuously increase the effectiveness of supporting systems.
Besides this you are responsible for:
- challenging the functional requirements in order to realize a fit in standard IT solutions instead of custom build solutions;
- testing the functionality as built by outsourced partners;
- managing Non Standard Changes and Project implementations in your area from Intake till Go Live & Hand-over to support;
- consult business stakeholders regarding Mechanical Design capabilities (CAD, Volume Management, Visualization, Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI), etc).
Content-wise your working area will be mainly the Mechanical Design process and the respective IT tooling.The ideal position for an ambitious and energetic young professional!
Bachelor or Master degree in Information Technology or Mechanical Engineering with proven experience in Mechanical Design processes.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Mechanical Design / CAD processes and Siemens NX tooling in a complex, high-tech development environment;
- Experience in Teamcenter functionality and TC-NX integration is preferred;
- Ability to document, validate, challenge business requirements and translate them into functional and technical IT specifications;
- Ability to assess code quality of NX customizations according to ASML standards (C#).
- Eager and willing to learn;
- Strong client orientation and drive for excellence;
- Pro-active personality who can deal with resistance;
- A demonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environments;
- Well-developed consultancy skills;
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub. A sub-department within the IT organization is CCP ST PLM (Competence Center Product, Solution Team Product Lifecycle Management); this department is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling for ASML’s development organization. Within CCP three development disciplines are represented: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. You will be working in the mechanical team.
To attract and retain the best people, we have a competitive employment conditions package, including
- Fixed 13th month;
- Attractive profit scheme (2017:18%)
- 27 holidays and 13 additional free days.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.Talent Exploration
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.