You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Physics Design Engineer - Imaging
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Optical engineering
Do you want to contribute and participate in the integration and design verification of the most advanced ASML scanners? From First Light to High Volume Manufacturing?Then EUV Imaging performance is where you need to be!
Within the D&E Systems Performance department, the EUV Imaging Engineer is responsible for the imaging assessment of the EUV scanner. You will be a key player in making the performance of our scanners meet our customer’s needs.
As imaging design engineer you will be responsible for:
- predicting imaging performance of our future tools using our litho simulation package taking scanner optics, mask, resist and illumination settings into account.
- assessing, troubleshooting and optimizing imaging performance of real scanners who have just come into existence,
developing advanced imaging tests to assess scanner budgets,
- our learnings based on data will feed into the design of new scanners.
- verification of scanner on customer-relevant use cases, generating proof book data of our advanced scanners and support marketing,
- communication with a wide range of stakeholders such as (System) engineers of various scanner components, marketing, suppliers (e.g. Zeiss), external partners (e.g. IMEC) and possibly ASML customers, and
- travelling to customer and partners, publications and participation in conferences is a possibility
Solid technical background, MSc/PhD in e.g. Optical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics.
- Engineer with technical expert profile (>2 years of experience in R&D or other high-tech environment)
- Solid knowledge of statistics, and experience with exploratory data analysis and Design of Experiments
- Knowledge of and experience with lithography, lithographic imaging and simulations (HyperLith, ProLith etc), and ASML scanners is a pre
- Strong programming skills (Python and/or MatLab, etc)
- Ability to generate and analyze large data volumes
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Out-of-the-box thinker, Ability to extract valuable information, even from incomplete data, and formulate conclusions and follow-up
- Eager to learn and go in depths to understand the physics
- Able to summarize and present complex topics in an understandable fashion to different stakeholders
- Both independent researcher and team player, able to help and guide junior engineers
- Self-propelling with a lot of initiative and drive. Able to initiate, influence, steer.
Context of the position
The Performance & Integration department is part of the Development and Engineering sector of ASML. We predict and optimize how our scanners will perform in their natural habitat: our customer’s wafer fab. We perform this task for EUV scanners.
Imaging competence will allow you to learn the basic principles of our lithographic system, to be in the heart of its development, understand contribution of various system components (aberrations, focus, dose, illumination, dynamics etc.) on the basic imaging functionality, collaborate with various functional clusters as well as our supporting competencies (resist, reticle, wafer metrology).
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.