You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Quality Engineer - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 23, 2022.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As a Quality Engineer, you take responsibility for providing insight into the quality of the department’s development processes and deliverables. This includes driving quality improvements in reporting, way of working, tools, root cause analysis, and training. You also have the opportunity to help shape a new quality role within a design and development organization.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide regular reporting on development process adherence to managers and project leaders. Develop the reporting if it is unavailable.
- Bring the voice of the customer into the department by providing feedback from customers, factory and integration to the department. Improve the feedback loop.
- Design Assurance: Provide feedback to line and project management ofPGP, Key Decision, and design review adherence to improve quality of product development.
- For development process quality issues, perform root cause analysis and identify corrective actions.
- Drive for continuous improvement. Facilitate engineers to find root causes of technical issues and translate them into lessons learned. Enable competence leads/owners to translate lessons learned into guidelines, design rules, or process improvements.
- Supporting and coaching projects and their engineers on the quality aspects of their deliverables.
- Link to the overall ASML and D&E Quality Management System.
- Effectively employ problem solving tools/methodology.
- Provide feedback on company standard risk management tools (i.e., SRAs, FMEA's, pFMEA’s) utilized for development projects.
- Assure proper supplier selection based on provided performance of new and existing suppliers to support design and development, and to drive supplier improvement efforts.
- Provide on a regular basis insight on performance in terms of parts usage, product performance, quality sensitive elements in design process adherence.
- Collaborate with quality organization in operations and field service areas.
Education and experience
- Bachelors degree or above in Applied Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, Optical, or Mechatronic Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum four years related work experience.
- Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Experience in complex multidisciplinary technical team(s).
- Demonstrated skills in quality engineering.
- Affinity with managing specifications and test results.
- Theoretical or practical experience with mechatronic systems, optical systems, control engineering, actuator design, dynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to perform statistical analysis.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position is located onsite in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in person work related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards.
- The environment in the cleanroom is moderate in temperature with moderate to high noise level.
- Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.