You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Customer Support Engineering Group Leader
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer site and is responsible for support with leading edge lithographic systems, at the customer site, within specifications, on time, with quality exceeding the customer’s expectations.
In this Lead position, you will lead part of the customer support engineer organization. You are the first point of contact for both operational needs as well as organizational needs. You are responsible for your group and are accountable for all of their output. This includes performance, skills management, quality, and above all safety.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Manage an engineering team within the group
- Drive the operational performance of the teams including: safety, execution quality, continuous improvement, team capabilities, cost, and team utilization.
- Responsible for the personal and professional development of all Engineers within the team; both to ensure personnel are at peak operational readiness to support needs today but also developing the team to meet future business needs.
- Manage stake holders include the customers, the service organization that is receiving the system, and multiple internal organizations that interface with the team.
- Drive continuous improvement not only to optimize the performance of the team but also to improve ASML operations.
- Maintain short and long term detailed manpower plans and forecasts.
- Expect to travel both domestically and internationally up to 25%.
BS degree (Engineering, Physical Sciences, Applied Physics) required or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of management experience in a highly dynamic customer facing role or equivalent , or equivalent.
- Good rapport with people, analytical thinker, structured approach, process oriented, and excels in a dynamic environment.
- Must be flexible, stress resistant, and able to work independent as well as in a team.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to digest technical details into information that can be used to make business decisions, communicate with customers, and influence others.
- Able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization.
- Results driven.
- Maintain a global overview of ongoing strategically important issues.
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Customer focus.
- Good communication skills towards different levels.
- Multicultural awareness.
- Excellent English language skills in speech and writing.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Customer site requires ASML employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, barring an approved medical or religious exemption.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability