You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00229691-385
Mechanical system layout engineer
In a nutshell
Introduction to the jobWe are looking for an Mechanical System Layout Engineer, to validate and define the mechanical system layout of the machine. Secure that our machines can be manufactured and serviced in an efficient and robust way. Do feasibility and concepts studies on new hardware that will be added to the machine.
Role and responsibilities
- Performs system layout studies and manage budgets for volume, mass, tolerances, seismic, and installation in order to find solutions for functionality and module changes
- Validate concept changes, prescribe and validate tests like layout (accessibility), mass, tolerances
- Secure that facility infrastructure requirements will be delivered to customers in time with the right quality
- Cooperate with the factory, identify and drive improvements on integration (manufacturability & serviceability, ergonomics, safety)
- Support factory & field in case of issues related to the layout of the mechanical system
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in a Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in validating layout machines or complex products (like cars, aerospace)
- At least 3 years working experience
- Experience with Siemens NX (preferred)
- Experience with tolerance calculations
- At least 2 years ASML experience (preferred)
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong communicator. Easily cooperates with other projects and disciplines
- Critical on design solutions (of others). High drive for quality
- Pro-active attitude in getting the information (regular go to clean room, talk to people in projects)
- Helicopter view. Easily can determine priorities and main risks
- Good analytical skills
- Works structured
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
You will be part of the Mechanical Layout (ML) project, which is amongst others responsible for the mechanical system architecture. The team doesn’t deliver hardware themselves, but has an overall responsibility during the whole V-cycle, that the total system can be build, transported, installed and serviced in a safe and efficient way.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.