Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
19 days ago - req35627
Prototype Systems Integrator
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Plan and drive the integration and qualification of prototype modules and software developed by multiple projects into state of the art test rigs and protos with minimum lead-time and maximum quality. Make sure the test rig’s as-built configuration is well known and up-to-date, as well as realize new test rigs/protos. Optimize the utilization of the test rigs.
Within ASML the sector of Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of ASML products. The department of USA Integration and Reliability Engineering is responsible for integration of prototype building blocks and modules into semiconductor test rigs to verify that they meet functional requirements and performance specifications. The result is a test report. Integration is also responsible for coordination of all the work on and around leading edge development of semiconductor test rigs.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Daily test rig Integration management and planning.
- Create, maintain, and drive the test rig/proto integration plan (mid-term) in line with the integration plan set by the Integration Project Lead and the product development master plan.
- Collaborative interaction is required with the local and remote development projects delivering prototypes for integration.
- This is a combined effort with a System Test Engineer (integration technical expert) and a product planner (planning dependencies with multiple projects).
- Maintain the daily plan for 1 or 2 test rigs based on the integration plan set by the Integration Project Lead.
- Set priorities and adjust plans in case of disturbances.
- Define milestones and deliverables with the team of Proto Engineers and verify they are met.
- Track and optimize the utilization of the test rigs.
- Make sure all issues found on test rigs are properly reported and diagnosed. Chase and implement solutions.
- Chair product integration issue management meeting.
- Chair daily meetings to set and communicate the plan to Proto Engineers (machine fathers) and stakeholders.
- Keep the configuration-as-built up to date, actual configuration is maintained by a proto engineer (machine father).
- Manage differences between configuration-to-be-built and configuration-as-built by implementation of ECR, FCO or upgrades.
- Make sure the right procedures and recoveries are available to keep the test rig on the best performance level.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferable in: Electronics, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, Physics, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a relevant multi-disciplinary technical work environment.
- Experience in planning and barrier resolution in a dynamic development environment.
- Knowledge of the integration PERT, ASML (recovery) sequences, metrology and measurement systems and/or complex system troubleshoot and diagnosis is a plus.
- Preferably knowledge of ASML system integration competences (business drivers overlay, throughput, reliability).
- A strong communicative personality with a pragmatic attitude.
- Enjoy being at the center of the action.
- Flexible and goal oriented, able to realize progress within an uncertain and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent planning skills and able to set priorities based on top level plan.
- Coaching, leadership, and stakeholder management skills.
- Technical driven.
- Motivated team player, sense of urgency
- Excellent knowledge of the English language.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 16kgs.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability