8 days ago - req35685
Technical Graduate Program - Mechatronics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
The Technical Graduate Program is a great opportunity to start your career in a dynamic and international environment where you will be challenged daily to push technology boundaries further. By joining our program, you will receive the ideal combination of ‘doing’ and ‘learning’. You will land in regular position and you will join a program together with other early career employees to build the fundamentals needed for a career at ASML.
We have quite a lot of positions open in our Research & Development department for recent graduates with an (almost) finished master or PhD background in Mechatronics, High-tech engineering, Control, Dynamics or related study. By applying to this program you are going to be considered for all the positions.
Role and responsibilities
Mechatronics at ASML isn't ‘copy-paste’ engineering. You’ll need to innovate, applying everything you learned at university and related projects. With the hundreds of sensors and actuators in our lithography systems, ASML is a playground for mechatronics engineers. You’ll get to both dive in and zoom out, focusing on our precision machines and their overall control. Tackle exciting challenges by using just the right mix of mechanics, electronics, software and optics.
If you just completed your master’s or PhD it is important that you land in a job that inspires you, challenges you and where you can develop yourself. We are aware of how challenging it can be to find the best match in an early career stage. This is why we combined multiple vacancies of different departments where your mechatronics skills could fit perfectly.
We have the following positions available in multiple departments:
Junior Mechatronics Integrator/Designer
Do you want to contribute to and take responsibility for the integration and qualification of specific functions of a mechatronic (sub-)systems like the projection optics box or wafer stage module, then this job is interesting for you.
- Integration and test of the mechatronic modules: planning and execution
- (Re)design of the mechatronics architecture or function of a module
- Provide test rig, proto, pilot, standby and integration support in case of escalations
- You build and maintain specialist knowledge in the fields of servo control / motion control, signal analysis and testing, based on basic knowledge of the areas software, mechanics, electronics, actuators, sensors and dynamics
- Documentation of specifications, design, test results and lessons learned. Prepare and execute knowledge transfers to the factory and the field
- Work in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at end to end responsibility of a mechatronics module or function
Manufacturing and Equipment Engineer
Is it your strength to define crystal clear production and service processes and do you want to be involved from concept phase topilot- and proto phase and handover to operations? Do you understand processes and people behavior in complex manufacturing environments? Are you able to influence product design and drive ASML machine availability, reliability, cycle time and play a leading role in the reduction cost added at ASML? Then the job of Manufacturing and Equipment Engineer might be just the one for you!
- Design, integrate and validate manufacturing and service processes
- Analyze the production and customer process within an ASML (sub)system; point out structural problems and bottlenecks, work out suggestions for improvements and requirements and initiate their implementation, often in close cooperation with other clusters within the company
- Contribute to the rapid solution for complex faults and take the necessary initiatives and practical decisions
- Use your knowledge in (new) product development projects, in order to foresee production problems in the design phase. In order to improve the manufacturability and serviceability of the product and test design
- You will lay down operation, build and service instructions, process flow charts, sequences, process parameters and indicators
Education and experience
- You have a Master or PhD in Mechatronics, High-tech engineering, Systems and Control, Dynamics & Control or related.
- You completed your education less than 12 months ago or you will graduate within 3 months from the selection day.
- You have a maximum of 6 months of relevant working experience after your graduation
You have a solid basis in mechatronics with good feeling for mechanics, electronics, software and measurement systems.
It’s a pre if you participated in extracurricular activities, such as serving as part of the board for a student association or you did volunteering work.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You are a team player, you work for the success of your team and ASML
- You are goal-oriented and self-initiating
- You are hands-on, down-to-earth and pragmatic
- You are eager to learn
- You speak and write fluently in English
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- A contract of one year at ASML, with the possibility of an indefinite contract after the first year
- We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 40 days paid leave: 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
- 13th month payment
- 8% holiday allowance
- Pension plan
- Commuting allowance
- A safe environment to experiment with what you learn
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the world’s smartest engineers
The Technical Graduate Program
Participants of the Technical Graduate Program form a community of early career employees. The goal is to close the gap between university and business life and creating an environment in which you as our new colleague will quickly feel comfortable. In this one year program you will get soft skills related trainings, you will be guided by a mentor and you will have peer coaching, where you will discuss your challenges in a safe environment.
You have to apply with your resume and motivation letter before Sunday 13th of February at 23:59 CET. Within 1 week from the application deadline, we will inform you if your resume has been selected for the first round of the selection process.
2. Pre-recorded video interview
This round consists of an online pre-recorded interview. The candidates matching our selection criteria will be invited to answer to few pre-set questions via HireVue.
3. Selection day
If you pass the first round, you will be invited to our selection day. Due to COVID-19 restrictions the selection day will be fully virtual. The selection day will take place on Wednesday the 9th of March.
During this day, your competencies will be assessed via different activities (such as interviews or a collaboration game). The screening board will decide which candidates will move forward.
4. Job offer
You will be informed within a few working days after the selection day if you will receive a job offer for which team. The starting date is flexible within max 3 months after the selection day.
If you have any questions, send an email to [email protected]
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.