You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - J-00230212-013
Senior Design Engineer Overlay Performance
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
At ASML, we manufacture complex lithography systems critical to the production of microchips, unlocking the potential of people and society by pushing technology to new limits. In Business Line Applications, we develop modeling and correction software to link our metrology and inspection systems with our lithography systems, leveraging our expertise in both fields. We create holistic application products that are used for process monitoring and control in many state-of-the-art semiconductor fabs around the world. Within the Development & Engineering department, we focus on development, integration and qualification of these application products, in close collaboration with our internal stakeholders and customers.
Role and responsibilities
Within the on-product overlay control group you will join a motivated team to drive our roadmap for on-product overlay control solutions. You will contribute to the entire productization cycle, starting from clarifying roadmap items by aligning with internal stakeholders and customers. You take the lead in transforming ideas into prototype product features and report investigation results. If a product feature has added value, you will support implementation, verification and roll-out.
- Identify future product features, through collaboration with customers, our development partners, and other stakeholders. Stimulate creativity to generate novel solutions expanding the ASML patent/product portfolio.
- Lead feasibility studies for required improvements by conducting simulations and performing data analysis with new prototype models and algorithms on customer data.
- Create/collect functional requirements/design/tests for application product implementation and align these with stakeholders (e.g. software developers, customer support, customers).
- Roll out the functionality in collaboration with customer support teams to gather feedback for improvement and participate in brainstorming in case of escalation.
- 5+ years of experience in an industrial development or process control organization.
- Intermediate / advanced (functional/object-oriented) programming skills in MATLAB / Python or comparable, with an affinity for algorithm design.
- Familiar with product generation processes (e.g. v-model/requirements engineering/concept to detailed design/verification & validation) and scrum/agile way of working.
- BSc/MSc/PhD with solid technical background in some of the following fields: statistics, data analysis, design of experiment, modeling, system identification, control engineering, filtering, optimization.
- Self-propelling with a lot of initiative and drive. Strong communicator with ability to initiate, influence, steer, to achieve quality results together with a team.
- Focus on the bigger picture: ability to distinguish main matters from side issues; clearly explain the essence of complex physical models and algorithms.
- Creative and able to develop a vision with the product and customer in mind.
- Passion for technical challenges and willingness to push the boundaries of technology.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.